Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s fastest growing online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals / hotels worldwide and employs over 5,000+ professionals from 78 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department, we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
About the Team:
The Customer Experience Group handles many thousands of customer and property interactions every day through different channels such as phone, email and chat. Our ability to provide an excellent customer and partner experience with the highest possible efficiency has a major impact on the overall success of Agoda. You will help grow our business by using the data to identify opportunities to drive efficiency, reduce customer friction and increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Data Analytics Manager to join the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia based in Bangkok, Thailand. Agoda is a strongly data driven organization: as a Data Analyst Manager, you will have the opportunity to oversee a Data Analytics team that produces analyses and insights, offers recommendations, and drives decision making for various stakeholders across the business. To achieve this, you will work with a global operational team consisting of more than 50 different nationalities.
You will have the opportunity to own analytical projects end to end, starting from understanding stakeholder needs to the analysis and interpretation of results as well as the communication of conclusions to management, the operational teams and other groups in Agoda (Product, IT, Partner Services, Marketing, and Finance).
The ideal candidate will be curious, flexible and solution-oriented, as well as be interested in telling an impactful story using analysis and smart data visualization rather than just applying methodologies and crunching the numbers
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees
- Lead the delivery of analytical projects end to end
- Define the business problem and analytical approach
- Ensure the appropriate usage of statistical and data analytical techniques to perform the analysis
- Communicate findings to stakeholders using the right data visualizations
- Balance priorities and appropriately update stakeholders throughout the whole process
- Conceptualize and oversee the delivery and quality control of regular reports
- 5+ years of experience working as a data analyst, preferably working with large data volumes
- 2+ years of experience managing analytical teams
- Degree in computer sciences, engineering, mathematics, statistics, data science or a related degree program with excellent academic results
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques and experience in applying these in practice
- Strong SQL skills: ability to efficiently extract data from large and complex databases
- Excellent problem solving and comprehension skills as well as strong business sense
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate with people of differing levels of seniority and analytical understanding
- High level of organization: ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and deliver results under tight deadlines and pressure
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Proficiency in Python, R or VBA and/or visualization software such as Tableau
- Skills in an additional language other than English
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.