Data Analyst – Geography
How would you like to be part of an international team which builds the content for one of the biggest e-commerce sites in the world?
We are looking for an energetic, outgoing and personable candidate with a customer mindset to build and maintain quality content for Agoda, one of the world’s most successful travel companies.
As Data Analyst – Geography, you will be the point of contact for some of our projects in Bangkok, Thailand. You will support local geographical content and projects and continuously improve the quality of content on the agoda.com website. You will be in frequent contact with our Partner Services team to acquire content essentials, including the strategic location of properties and landmarks.
This is a full-time position based in our Bangkok, Thailand office, reporting to Content Operations Manager.
As a Data Analyst – Geography, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the geographical content of our properties and other geographical entities.
- Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS in terms of travel and hotel business
- Compile geographic data and prepare it for implementation and development of geographic content on Agoda.com
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into presentation and reports
- Monitor the accuracy of geographical entities to ensure that our content meets the highest standard
- Support geo-related projects to continuously improve our content and competitiveness
- Conduct and summarize reports to ensure the team’s KPIs are accomplished
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Geography / Engineering of survey or related field
- Minimum of 1 year’s work experience as GIS analyst, GIS specialist, GIS/geospatial technician, spatial data analyst, or related field
- Experience using ArcGIS or QGIS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing (presentation skills is a must)
- Strong team player with great analytical skill and a multicultural worldview
- Self-motivated, smart working and able to meet tight deadlines