Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 5,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
This position is based in Bangkok.
As a member of Agoda’s in-house legal team, you will be responsible for the company’s contract management processes. You will have a broad mandate to enhance workflows, reduce manual tasks, and automate processes to allow our internal clients to work as effectively as possible with their contracts.
You will be a key point of contact for internal clients on all issues that touch the contracting lifecycle, including:
- Amendment; and
We'll trust you to:
- Develop systems to process and track requests to vary the company’s standard contracting terms;
- Develop self-service tools and processes, including the Outlaw platform, to give internal clients access to pre-approved contract templates;
- Work with internal clients to propose contract terms for review and approval by company lawyers that that promote key business objectives, comply with company policies, and address identified legal and regulatory risks;
- Advise internal clients, in consultation with company lawyers, on compliance with contract approval and delegation of authority policies;
- Develop and deliver internal training on the contracting process, self-service tools, and delegation of authority policy.
- Keep thorough, organized and accessible records of the company’s contract documents, including non-standard commitments, after execution; Track, analyze and report metrics about the company’s contracts;
- Seek out opportunities to improve and enhance the contracting process, documentation and systems; and
- Ensure that all aspects of the contract lifecycle are effectively, and seamlessly, managed.
You'll need to have:
- Significant experience in contract management and paralegal work (ideally with a focus on travel and technology);
- Ability to clearly, fluently and effectively speak and write in English;
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people at all levels within the company;
- A positive mindset with a desire to drive positive change; and
- Ability to apply process improvement and innovation throughout the contracting lifecycle.
We'd love to see:
- Experience working in APAC;
- Experience working in highly diverse and multi-cultural environments;
- Experience working in an in-house legal team/function;
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage numerous projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience of using contract management workflow tools and databases;
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Exceptional judgment and professional relationship skills.
#newyork #LGL #4 #sanfransisco #dallas #houston #losangeles #london #madrid #edinburgh #munich #barcelona #hongkong #kualalampur #singapore #shanghai #beijing #jakarta #hochiminhcity #hanoi #dubai #mumbai
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement. (link to https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/)