Do you get annoyed when the information provided online for a product is unclear or inaccurate? Do your friends see you as the obsessive one who covers all the details? Great, we are looking for you!
As Content Specialist, you will be a main content team point of contact in China for one of the largest travel sites in the world. You will support local content projects and continuously improve the quality of content on the agoda.com website. You will be in frequent contact with our accommodation partners and work directly with both the Content team in Bangkok and the local Partner Services team to acquire and process content essentials in both Chinese and English (e.g. hotel names and addresses, reviews, other critical content), and maintain content quality across properties in your market, including the growing segment of non-hotel accommodation.
This is a one year contracted temp position based in our Shanghai office reporting to the China Team Lead for content.
- Collect essential hotel content by contacting accommodation properties and internal partners, Chinese to English translation work may be required when the English data is not available
- Handle day-to-day Content related communication with hotels by telephone, WeChat and in-person meetings
- Support content intake and upkeep in backend content management systems, including review curation and property data in both Chinese and English from new suppliers in China
- Seek and gather feedback related to Content from Suppliers, Partner Services and other stakeholders
- Help Content team achieve their periodic KPIs by aligning with strategic business priorities
- Encourage Hotels to sign up for WeChat for Content procurement
- Confidence in English reading and speaking
- Outgoing personality, ability to collect essential content by contacting properties directly and convincing them of the importance of content
- Great telephone, WeChat and face-to-face communication skills
- Proactive, with a sense of responsibility, and can work independently
- Flexibility, accuracy and an eye for detail
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, and Internet)
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Team player, motivated and enjoys working in e-travel and hospitality
- Business focused; positive attitude