How would you like to be part of an international team which builds the content for one of the biggest e-commerce sites in the world?
We are looking for an energetic, outgoing and personable candidate with a customer mindset to build and maintain quality content for Agoda, one of the world’s most successful travel companies.
As a Content Manager – GIS, you will lead global projects dedicated to providing our customers with the most complete understanding of their travel destinations. You will support local geographical content and data and continuously improve their quality on the Agoda app and website. You will work directly with our Product and Partner Services team to acquire or create content essentials that drive customer confidence, including the strategic location of properties, neighborhoods, landmarks and all relevant points of interest.
This is a full-time position based in our Bangkok, Thailand office, reporting to Associate Director – Content.
- Lead, inspire and grow Geo content team – including training, mentorship and technical skill development.
- Drive efficiency and agility into spatial data integration and connections
- Own the team’s KPI and performance of geo content on all Agoda platforms. Work as a business partner with Product on the implementation and development of geographic content
- Monitor the accuracy of geographical entities to ensure that our content meets the highest standard
- Support geo-related projects to continuously improve our content and competitiveness
- Communicate to senior management and stakeholders on the geo content strategy and operations
- Understand the business impact, manage stakeholders’ needs and balance them to achieve the optimal prioritization
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Geography/Engineering or related field
- 4+ years’ experience in GIS, spatial analysis or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in people management
- Experience using ArcGIS or QGIS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SQL a must
- Proficiency in Python/R, data modelling preferred
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written (presentation skills a must)
- Strong team player with great analytical skill and a multicultural worldview
- Self-motivated, smart working and able to meet tight deadlines
- Creative thinker
#bangkok #singapore #manila #kualalumpur #QA #PRDM #SUPL #4 #LI-VV1