The Compliance Manager supports execution of corporate compliance standards, processes and procedures at the direction of the Compliance & Ethics Officer. The Compliance Manager will support all facets of the Compliance & Ethics Program including: ensuring adherence with our parent company, Booking Holdings Inc.’s Compliance & Ethics Standards and KPIs, assisting the implementation of the third party risk management program, managing the release of online and in-person ethics training programs, administering the company’s Ethics Ambassador program, managing the conflict of interest & gift disclosure process, and assisting in the maintenance of compliance & ethics policies.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Coordinates the annual compliance risk assessment at the direction of the Compliance & Ethics Officer
- Supports the parent company Compliance Function through developing structures to evidence compliance with required program standards and 20+ associated KPIs; administers on-going program to monitor and address compliance program gaps
- Oversees the launch of Ethics/Code training in a timely manner in accordance with the parent company’s online training plan
- Develops and executes compliance & ethics communications campaigns on relevant topics or initiatives
- Assists in the execution and implementation of the company’s Global Third Party Risk Management initiative, systems and processes
- Administers the company’s Compliance Ambassador program
- Manages the back-end of the company’s EthicsPoint Helpline & Case Management System.
- Assist in the administration of the conflict of interest disclosure process and gifts & entertainment disclosure process, ensuring proper follow-up to any disclosures and implementation of measures to address actual and/or potential conflicts
- Coordinates, analyzes and documents trends in compliance activity and other relevant data to effectively mitigate future impact on the company
- Conducting compliance investigation where necessary, including evidence collection, coordinating complex investigation and P2P interview
- Miscellaneous work as necessary to support the compliance function
Experience / Education: 5+ years previous experience working in compliance and ethics environment in a corporate setting or related field (risk or audit) required.
College Degree (4 year), Bachelor's Degree required. CPA, MBA or JD a plus.
Required Skills, Competencies & Personal Attributes:
- Job responsibilities will require that this individual have presence, communication skills, writing skills, diplomacy, and credibility necessary to effectively influence company employees and managers
- Must possess strong project management skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptive and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic and high-growth environment
- Works well under pressure with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, while maintaining a sense of humor
- Ability to operate without extensive supervision and act as a self-starter
- Creative problem solver who possesses sound business judgment and is detail oriented
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Foreign language skills considered a plus, but not required
- Ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders
- Culture fit: [ ] is energetic, fast-paced and always evolving. Candidate possesses energy and enthusiasm every day and is always ready to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Team Player: This person collaborates and supports colleagues and peers across the organization, with the ability to be effective in a dynamic, evolving environment
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional preferred (and required within 18 months of appointment to position)
- Candidate must possess the highest integrity, commensurate with a compliance & ethics position
- Ability to travel, up to 15%