Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 4,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
When it comes to the most important core function of the company, we provide an international environment enriched with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation. Our finance team is located and centralized in our Bangkok global operations office. With more than 130+ professionals, we're supporting Agoda's finance operations across the globe.
As a Collections Specialist, you will be supporting our finance team to negotiate with our partners in attempts to retrieve as many collections as possible from overcharged cases. This role will be directly reporting to our collections team supervisor and work alongside our team of 20 professionals.
- Take charge of your own portfolio and contact all accounts by phone/e-mail and attempt collection resulting in maximization of return
- Deal with external partners diligently, courteously and professionally while collecting payments.
- Retain loyalty and relationship with partners despite initiating collection of payments.
- Maintain and timely update record from whom collections are made.
- Provide evidence to partners and follow up persistently on past due amounts.
- Share Best Practices with team members to enhance team’s Collections return rate.
- Analyze results for all collection process and recommend strategies to reduce all collection losses.
- Initiate strategies for collection processes and procedures.
- Respond to enquiries on Collections and Chargeback processes.
- Support team on ad-hoc tasks.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good negotiation skills
- Assertive but tactful
- Patient and persistent
- Organized and methodical
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Experience and understanding AVAYA and Microsoft SharePoints is a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and communication skill and teamwork
- Hand on working attitude with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize work within tight operational deadlines
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
#FIN #2 #LI-NS2