Help create the future of Agoda, and global travel.
We are looking for a thoughtful, talented, and creative Chinese copywriter to join our product studio and help us fundamentally shape the voice of our growing Chinese platforms. You’ll combine a passionate, customer-centric gift for the Chinese language with a strong commercial sensibility for the digital age.
We have only scratched the surface:
The online travel industry is an extremely dynamic and competitive space, and the Chinese-language market is the fastest growing segment. Agoda delivers compelling designs and communications that create a world-class customer experience, and is focused on doing this for Chinese-speaking travelers. You will have a key role in defining the future of our products for tens of millions of customers in China and around the world.
Work in Bangkok:
This is a unique ground-floor opportunity for someone seeking adventurous, rewarding work abroad in a collaborative startup-like environment. You will learn and expand your skills by applying your craft in a unique and vibrant city.
- Grow and refine the Chinese voice of Agoda with A/B experimentation and measurement across the product and ancillary content
- Work well in a collaborative, cross-functional environment with stakeholders needing Chinese copywriting support, including Product, Design, Marketing, IT and Customer Service.
- Effectively communicate with the customer to drive conversion & click through rates.
- Present ideas and strategies to all levels (From designers and developers to senior leadership)
- Experiment and measure different Chinese voice strategies
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Mandarin native speaker
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese (English level equivalent of TOEFL 80/IELTS 6.5 or above)
- 3+ years of experience as a Chinese copywriter for internet companies/creative agencies
- Avid traveler with rich experience booking on Chinese travel apps
- Passion for providing the best possible product for customers
- In-depth knowledge of Chinese travel industry a plus
- Experience in content marketing on Chinese online media, including but not limited to WeChat and Weibo
- A degree from an accredited 4-year University; degree in Chinese literature, Journalism, or Communications a plus
PLEASE NOTE: we will only review applications submitted with an English CV, but you are welcome to attach a Chinese CV for extra reference. More information will be provided to candidates, who pass our translation and localization test. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered to the eligible candidate.