Agoda is one of the world’s leading online travel reservation platforms.
Founded in Asia and now part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), Agoda offers travelers a fast, secure, and easy way to book their travel experiences nearly anywhere on earth. In every department – from tech to customer experience – Agoda provides an environment rich with innovations, creativity, collaboration, and experimentation allowing high-achievers like you to thrive in and to grow.
Agoda is seeking a Compliance and Risk Officer (CRO), based in Singapore and with a global action radius, who will be responsible for overall compliance and risk management, reporting to the Board of Directors. Our Compliance and Risk Officer will design, develop, maintain and update the compliance and risk management programs for the Company. Our Compliance and Risk Officer will also help run Agoda’s Risk Committee.
The successful candidate will be an experienced high-performing professional with proven success in the fintech or a related financial industry, with a strong ethical core and thrives in a fast-moving, state-of-the-art technology environment. The successful candidate will also be a highly analytical, creative, flexible and commercially-minded problem solver who works well in a team, with proven ability in both presentation and project management skills. He or she should have an existing network of global and regional contacts to leverage upon for successful resolutions to compliance and risk challenges. Strong interpersonal and listening skills are also critical as a successful and trusted leader.
(1) Board of Directors. Report to the Board on compliance, risk and regulatory matters. Develop cost-effective, efficient and effective compliance with all applicable internal and external regulations.
(2) Advice. Render advice on topics including but not limited to (i) financial crimes and payment compliance, including sanctions (OFAC), anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, combating the financing of terrorism, etc.) (ii) regulatory licensing, (iii) outsourcing (both internal as well as third party), (iv) new or revised products, (v) the provision of financial or product advice (from the company and/or its representatives to third parties), and (vi) contracts where relevant;
(3) Regulatory Licences. Help spearhead efforts to obtain, maintain and/or renew relevant regulatory licences for all applicable jurisdictions, including the preparation and submission of all required documentation;
(4) Risk Management. Develop an industry appropriate and regulatorily-compliant risk management program to identify, assess, prioritise, and prepare the Company against internal and external risks, including but not limited to commercial, legal, compliance, and regulatory risks. Work with various business and functional units to develop a risk inventory and risk limits. Implement an early warning and risk management controls. Develop, acquire, deploy and review risk management tools to achieve the foregoing objectives. Regularly report risks, proposed risk management measures, and risk measures results to the Board.
(5) Policies, Processes and Procedures. Draft, implement and revise general and territory-specific policies, processes and procedures in line with the job scope;
(6) AML/KYC Processes and Decisions. Develop, maintain and regularly review an AML/KYC program, and own and be accountable for anti-money laundering/know-your customer decisions. Develop and maintain a system to evaluate transactions for potential suspicious activity and file suspicious transaction reports where required and appropriate.
(7) Payment Scheme Compliance. Lead all payment network, scheme or service provider-related applications, certifications and compliance requirements;
(8) Regulatory Change. Build and maintain a regulatory change regime incorporating aspects of an early warning system, operational implementation and post-implementation monitoring;
(9) Audits. Lead and coordinate external and internal Compliance audits as may be required by (including but not limited) (i) regulations or regulators; (2) network, schemes or PSP requirements; (3) internal controls and/or (4) internal investigations. Cooperate with Group Internal Audit as required; and
(10)Team Management. Identify staffing needs over time, and assign and/or hire, manage, and develop a team of effective Compliance and Risk Management professionals to assist you in the duties set out above.
A strong graduate or post-graduate degree qualification;
A minimum of 10-15 years’ PQE in a leadership global or regional Compliance, Risk or related role, and with prior leadership experience.
Material experience in a regulated financial services company, especially in the payments industry, would be an advantage.
Native-level fluency in English, with the ability to draft board memos, policy documents and regulatory correspondence. Professional-level fluency in an Asia Pacific language such as Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Korean, Bahasa Malaysia or Bahasa Indonesia would be an advantage. Any other language a plus.
The successful candidate will (i) have a solid ethical core, and set the bar for conducting himself/herself to the highest ethical and legal standards; (ii) be a self-motivated, high-performance and persistent individual who will be able to manage pressure, (iii) apply a creative and commercial mind in his/her approach to resolving Compliance issues; and (iv) relate and work well with others in a dynamic and changing environment.
#bangkok #seattle #singapore #amsterdam #seoul #taipei #dublin #washingtondc #shanghai #newyorkcity #london #newyork #sanfrancisco #munich #chicago #tokyo #boston #hongkong #kualalumpur #LGL #6 #LI-SE1