Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe. Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 4,0000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the travel industry, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our hotel partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
Our skilled Special Projects team collaborates on exciting projects with our accommodation partners, hotels and other properties in a rewarding, fast-paced environment. Introducing payment solutions to accommodate the evolving needs of our partner’s customers. At the center of it all is the desire to build long-term relationships that span borders and cultures, supported by a web of cutting-edge tools and technology.
This is an exciting new role within the Special Projects team. As a Business Development Manager – Payment Solutions, your main objective will be to engage with accommodation providers, assist those that are interested to join the payment programs, provide guidance to internal teams ensuring the successful account management of Agoda’s major hotel partners, and to exceed the (K.P.I.’s) and growth expectations that meet the company’s business goals.
In doing so, this individual will bring superior business development skills, solid analytical skills, strong account and partner management experience, the ability to train and drive local teams, a successful record of sustainable performance and the capacity to develop and manage new deals with partners.
- Prepare and present business proposals to accommodation providers to support them in making a decision to join the Agoda payment program
- Work closely with our Country Director and central project team in the head office to establish and implement special projects strategies for the markets, based on the market and company guidelines
- Train local teams on new projects, processes and workflows
- Explore and provide feedback that would stimulate additional buy-ins from the partners in participating in the Partner Payment Programs
- Oversee and evaluate the effectiveness of the Partner Payment Programs for participating partners
- Provide central project team with regular updates and portfolio analysis
- Assist the Country Director in making necessary adjustments to the program and its commercials
- Responsible for managing the program through the internal tools which will allow you to manage and maintain a healthy portfolio and pipeline
- Prepare presentations or reports describing progress toward the program goals
- Join and conduct weekly meetings where updates are shared with the rest of the market management team
- Conduct daily monitoring activities to maximize our program business potential
- Identify and recommend future opportunities to enhance program performance in the market to stay in line with company strategy
- Cooperate with the central project team develop new initiatives within the programs
- Together with the account managers, develop and maintain strong relationships with key decision makers within the accommodation partners
- Assist and clarify points in the program contracts
- Full compliance with the Partner Program policy
***Please note that the duties of this role may change at any time due to changing needs of the department
- Proven experience in developing similar programs within a hotel, OTA or Financial institution
- Good understanding of the payment providers ecosystem
- Track record in training teams and introducing new products into a market
- Strong numerical & analytical skill and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to successfully communicate proposals to potential partners
- Adapts well to and is energised by change
- Strong partner management skills – past success in influencing both internal & external customers
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to create strong relationships with accommodation partners
- Excellent commercial judgement
- Anticipate & proactively manage potential partners’ requests
- Fluent English language (verbal & written) required and other Asian languages would be desirable (ideally Japanese, Korean or Mandarin)
- Willingness for extensive travel (50% minimum)
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
#tokyo #osaka #Yokohama #BD #CNSL #STRA #4 #LI-TW1