Business Development Manager – London, UK
Salary Range – GBP 6,200 – 6,500/Monthly
More information about this job:
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and digital marketers. We are part of the Booking Holdings — the largest online travel company in the world.
The Business Development Manager is a member of the Partner Marketing Distribution team based in London, United Kingdom. Scope encompass the execution of our distribution strategy of global hotel products and new sales generation. There will be heavy emphasis on creating new distribution partnerships with B2B channel partners (e.g. hotel wholesalers, offline travel agents, travel tech companies, etc) and partners from ancillary industries (e.g. airlines, banks, affiliate networks, etc). This is a consultative sales role ideal for experienced sales professionals with superb solution selling acumen.
Work will focus on new partner acquisition, post-sales process from project management until the successful completion of interface implementation, as well as channel optimization, account management and support. Pre-sales analysis will also be required for specific projects. He/she will report to the Director of Partnerships for EMEA & South Asia and work closely with our headquarters’ operation and technical teams. This individual will have sales oriented KPIs, project management responsibilities, as well as regular reporting and analysis tasks.
We are searching for the best-of-the-best to be based in Agoda's office in London, United Kingdom.
- New partner acquisition to increase hotel booking distribution channel and brand exposure
- Account management – increase traffic and bookings delivered through close relationships with partners, on-going operational support and bridge between partner and our regional technical support team
- Looking for innovative business development opportunities in the market
- Assist with technical analysis, interface evaluation, and system demonstration during pre-sell process
- Responsible for successful implementation of partners’ system integration
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all in-house technology
- Frequent communication within the organization at all levels, with headquarter and regional team on distribution related tasks, including but not limited to market updates, technology development, operational milestones, reports, commission payment, fund collection, etc.
- Deep understanding of the global travel market especially the EMEA market.
- Fluent in English and native in a European language (Spanish, French, or German) preferred.
- Proven success record in entrepreneurial roles with clear demonstration of business acumen and savvy.
- 5+ year’s progressive sales and Business Development experience in consultative sales, B2B sales, face-to-face sales, and/or complex solutions selling
- Experienced in customer prospecting, cold calling, and account management
- E-commerce or travel industry experience highly preferred
- Good understanding of web related technologies and technical aspects of affiliate & B2B distributions models
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency in achieving goals and completing tasks
- Highly disciplined work habits
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally)
- Energetic and driven personality
- Adapts well to, and is energized, by change
- Creative and Innovative
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Someone who sees the imperfections of this world and desires to fix them.
Open from 11/5/2018 – 12/3/2018