This role is based at Agoda Bangkok office, full-time
Are you looking for a rare opportunity to work at the state of the art of marketing optimization? Would you want to work in a rapidly growing company with some of the sharpest minds in the industry? How about living in one of the world’s most beautiful countries, one top-rated by expats? Then Agoda is the place for you!
The Associate Director of Customer Marketing is a senior role overseeing a team of marketing managers responsible for growing direct marketing channels (email, mobile marketing, web marketing and social apps) and using new Agoda products for marketing activities across new channels you will investigate, run proof of concepts, and optimize.
The Agoda marketing department is highly data-driven and focused on developing and using proprietary in-house tools to automate and scale marketing programs that improve the lifetime value of Agoda customers through measurable marketing programs and channels. You will drive new strategies, idea generation, growth and development of products, as well as people. You will be in a senior manager role in our international digital marketing team and should be comfortable working with product managers, engineers, and teams ranging from finance to analytics. Because of the significant impact that these channels have on our overall business, you will have regular interaction with the senior management team, including COO, and CEO.
- Lead innovation in CRM marketing by owning the vision and roadmap and defining important metrics for that area. Prioritize innovations to achieve growth goals
- Drive the marketing team to test, analyze and optimize campaigns, deliver data-driven insights.
- Work with Agoda’s Product Owners to implement new IT developments to improve existing advertising programs or add new advertising programs to the Agoda channel mix
- Communicate your vision extensively with partners across the organization, particularly with the product and marketing departments
- Develop a keen understanding of Agoda’s website offerings and of Agoda’s target markets to build actionable advertising programs
- Innovate to drive improvements by using the latest technologies, analytics, and optimization processes, including AI/Machine Learning
- Degree in Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or equivalent experience; post-grad qualifications preferred
- Demonstrated and extensive experience leading marketing campaigns or building products and technologies that power them, preferably at a large-scale e-commerce company
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at leading change in a dynamic and constantly evolving business
- Passionate about AB testing and proving incremental business value
- Strong analytical abilities, especially with respect to experimental design and analysis
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Hands-on mentality
- Excellent skills in presenting and analyzing data and crafting actionable reports
- Experience in and a real passion for projects involving big data and statistical models
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to report and persuade different levels, including senior management
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced/rapidly changing environment
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management/prioritization skills
- Proven skills in staff leadership
We welcome both local and international applications for this role. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates.
Agoda is one of the biggest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms in the world. Part of the Booking Holdings [world’s largest travel company – NASDAQ: BKNG], but still operated independently by its original founding team, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book over one million properties in almost every country on earth.
In every department – from engineering to customer support – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone out there. Over 2,500 people from 70 different nationalities bring the diversity of views that is essential in the fast-changing online travel industry.
This is a rare opportunity to join a company that is growing fast, where you are empowered to build, measure and improve every aspect of the business with very little overhead or bureaucracy, all at a scale that very few companies in the world today can offer.