This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand.
Agoda is an online hotel and accommodation booking website part of the Booking Holdings Group (alongside Kayak, booking.com, rentalcars.com, and others), which is by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. The best part is that each brand operates independently, meaning we have the resources of a big enterprise, but the mentality of an entrepreneurial startup.
Come join the Agoda Homes team to work on one of Agoda’s fastest-growing business segments. As the Associate Director of Agoda Homes, reporting into the product department, you hold the ownership in building best-in-class Agoda Homes supply and drive growth. This is a senior role overseeing a team of Project Managers and sales-oriented Agoda Homes Managers who deal with supply partners in various markets. The role combines the ability to strategize, generate ideas and growth-hack using creativity and entrepreneurship, experiment and execute to deliver results, as well as scale globally and use data-driven approaches to continue optimizing for growth. The individual needs to be a self-starter with a can-do attitude who isn’t afraid to experiment new initiatives, work cross-functionally to take ideas into action, can tolerate ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership.
The Agoda product department is highly data-driven and focused on innovation. You will drive new strategies, idea generation, growth and development of Agoda Homes as well as the people within your team. You should be comfortable leading a team of project and sales managers, as well as working with product managers and teams ranging from finance to analytics. You will have regular interaction with the senior management team, including the COO and CEO.
- Set strategic direction on how to build best-in-class Agoda Homes supply
- Define, launch, and execute strategic and operational initiatives to drive growth for the Agoda Homes business, including setting KPIs for the team and ensuring successful results delivery
- Lead a team of Project Managers and Sales Managers (20+ people) in Bangkok and other strategic markets; Coach and develop talent within team
- Supervise day-to-day project management and operations
- Collaborate cross-functionally across various functions such as Product, Design, Partner Services, Customer Experience, Legal, and others to drive key projects
- Ensure good relationship management with Agoda Homes supply partners and other 3rd party counterparts relevant to the projects
- Use data-driven approach combined with insights from local markets to make informed decisions to help improve Agoda Homes process and product
- Make proposals to senior management regarding resource requirements and implications of proposed plans
- Evaluate risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Proven track record of a self-starter who can autonomously execute projects and think out of the box
- Enthusiasm to growth hack and to apply innovative solutions to deliver results
- Ability to bring ideas into actions and execute seamlessly
- Ability to be a leader who motivates and inspires team development to achieve beyond what they imagine possible
- Effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Fast learner, adapts well to and is energized by change
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Proven skills in recruitment and staff leadership
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to ‘speed wins’ philosophy
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humor, humility
This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered to the eligible candidate.