ABOUT WORKING AT AGODA:
Agoda is one of the world’s largest online hotel and accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005 and now a Booking Holdings company, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate and has a network of over 1 million accommodation options worldwide and employs over 3,700 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. Having established itself as the dominant Online Travel Agency in Asia, it is now growing its presence in Europe and the USA.
In every department, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the travel industry, and it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly and create a best in class service for our hotel partners.
Come join our global team at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
DEPARTMENTAL INFO/JOB SUMMARY:
The Market Manager is part of our Partner Service team and the main contact between our accommodation partners and Agoda, with the responsibility of developing the business through acquiring new relationships and optimizing our current ones. The Market Manager will need to be able to analyze large data sets in order to uncover new opportunities to propose to relevant stakeholders, both internally as well as to our external partners and customers. A key responsibility in developing our business is the ability to identify and acquire new sources of supply and product offerings within an assigned territory while maintaining existing relationships. In addition, a Market Manager must be able to analyze their assigned market to maintain a competitive edge over our competition and then report back his/her findings through weekly and monthly internal reports.
- Drive the market in reaching key performance indicators (KPIs) for specific destinations by fostering new relationships and optimizing existing ones
- Gain buy-in from relevant stakeholders to execute strategies and help launch promotional campaigns to enhance productivity and maintain competitiveness on Agoda’s website
- Identify and gain supply and product offerings to match market demands that maximize our ability to convert passive customers into active ones
- The ability to communicate well with both new and existing partners through phone and in-person meetings to help grow our business portfolio
- Ability to analyze large data sets in order to uncover new opportunities to grow Agoda’s business
- Train and inform partners of both new and existing technologies, tools, and models
- Prepare sales decks and relevant presentation materials to aid in growing our business during partner meetings
- Report weekly/monthly KPI’s and key metrics internally to showcase successes and highlight potential opportunities
***Please note that the duties of this role may change at any time due to changing needs of the department
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any relevant field is required (focus on tourism or hospitality is a plus)
- 3 – 5 years of experience in sales, business development especially within OTA channels, is preferred
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Ability to analyze large sets of data in order to uncover previously missed opportunities is required
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence both external / internal stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Ability to effectively push the company’s agenda and communicate with and gain buy-in from key stakeholders preferred
- Team player with a professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic preferred
- Proven success in acquiring, building & maintaining long term customer relationships strongly preferred
- Adapts well to change and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create new, innovative ideas
- Ability to source and develop new business partners
Below are some websites to learn more about agoda.com:
Hired.com’s latest global brand report has ranked Agoda #1 Employer Brand in Singapore!
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6332121467869818880
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/agodacareers/posts/319960588412399
#hongkong #SALE #3 #LI-IJ1