Data Analyst (New York based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Business Performance and Operations team works closely with the Supply department (Partner Services) to identify and optimize growth opportunities on hotel supply for Agoda. The team is responsible for, but not limited to, sales performance, operational efficiency, business analytics and leading and managing experiments to measure and implement changes. We collaborate with multiple internal departments and produce highly visible results backed up by data. Utilizing powerful tools and possessing an end-to-end view of how Agoda works, the Business Performance and Operations team offers a unique opportunity for anyone who thrives in challenging and fast-paced environments.
As a Data Analyst at Agoda you will use your data skills and business mindset to make a difference in our fast-growing global business across our top hotel partners. The Data Analyst will be involved in strategic projects and work closely with commercial owners and business stakeholders, using data to identify and translate business needs and opportunities into actionable initiatives.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Analyze and develop reports and models we can use for performance tracking and optimization, drawing recommendations from your analysis
- Build, enhance and streamline reports that help team members and internal stakeholders understand the performance of their business and identify action points
- Perform ad-hoc analysis on business trends and results, translate and communicate results to leadership and key stakeholders
- Provide input on ongoing projects and initiatives to reach business targets; run and assess your proposed actions in collaboration with the relevant teams
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve team performance and measurement in the future
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a business analysis, data analysis, reporting or business strategy role
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer sciences, engineering, mathematics, statistics, data science or a related degree program.
- Expert domain of data analysis and data visualization tools and software such as Excel, SQL, Tableau, Python, R, or similar
- Working proficiency in XML, data modelling, data architecture & components
- Analytical mindset, with proven track record in using data to measure performance and make decisions
- Excellent problem-solving skills including the ability to analyze and resolve complex problems using data
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), with proven ability to convey complex messages clearly and with conviction
- Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills
It’s Great if you Have:
- MBA or Masters in a quantitative subject (computer science, data science, analytics, mathematics, engineering, science, economics and finance etc.)
- B2B experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.
Before you’re done:
#STRA #ANLS #newyork #seattle #sanfrancisco #dallas #losangeles