APAC Planning Senior Manager (based in Bangkok)Apply Now
Bangkok (Central World Office)
(Based IN Bangkok, relocation provided for successful candidate)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get To Know Our Team
Agoda has been one of the fastest growing online travel agencies in the world in recent years, expanding our global reach as well as our portfolio of travel-related products. A critical driver to this success has been the Agoda Finance team. Within the FP&A team, we are responsible for providing insightful and actionable intel to the senior management team across the company, to facilitate effective decision-making. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
As our Financial Planning & Analysis senior manager, this role will help drive a closer regional coordination between two of the largest Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) in Asia Pacific.
This role reports into the VP of Finance and will involve close collaboration with many of the key leaders within the business, as well as the rest of the FP&A team and the wider Finance organization.
The rapid growth of the business and the increasing complexity driven by the new strategic direction of Booking Holdings Inc. make this role an exciting, interesting, and very challenging proposition. Expected to help drive performance, build plans for the future, as well as manage regular reporting, forecasting, and general planning. The role is very broad based and will require an individual who is motivated to make a big impact.
In This Role, You'll Get To:
- To add immediate value and support the organisation during an exciting and dynamic growth phase.
- Manage the forecast process for this regional P&L in conjunction with key stakeholders, and in collaboration with the rest of the FP&A team
- Work with the Finance VP to manage a rolling monthly forecast model and provide timely insights into performance against budget/forecast
- Prepare reports to the Board, Shareholders and Advisers as required and directed from time to time
- Develop incisive analysis and reporting to give insights to business performance and trends, including use of KPIs
- Deliver annual budgets, quarterly guidance, and monthly and weekly forecasts as well as related financial planning & analysis
- Drive out financial analysis & commentary on month-end financials & KPIs
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Chartered Accountant qualified: ACA or CIMA, or equivalent
- Strong FP&A experience, demonstrable success at developing quality insights for senior management teams gained ideally gained in an e-commerce or travel industry-focused company.
- Exceptional commercial acumen, advanced Excel modelling skills, as well as evidence of business partnering with key stakeholders and the non-finance community.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and analytical problem solver; will be comfortable with driver-based planning and will also have strong planning systems experience, able to assist in the development of the company planning tools, to ensure their utility is maximised.
- Excellent analytical skills to understand business drivers and interpret financial results along with strong interpersonal skills, confidently able to communicate across levels.
- Hands on experience of using EPM/BPM systems (planning tools)
- SQL data-querying skills not essential but desirable
It's Great if You Have:
- The ability to be a self-starter who is able to make judgments and prioritise effectively
- Experience building and managing financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Communicate well within the team and making sure internal deadlines and reporting / planning expectations are met
- Have a desire to progress to a senior finance leadership role within one of the fastest growing digital companies in the world
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.
#newyork #sanfrancisco #california #london #paris #amsterdam #sydney #melbourne #singapore #hongkong #taiwan #beijing #shanghai #FIN #4 #LI-SE1