Country Director - South KoreaApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
As South Korea Country Director your main objectives will be to develop and deploy Agoda’s South Korea strategy, provide guidance and leadership to ensure the successful account management of Agoda’s major partners, and to deliver on targets and growth expectations that form a key part of Agoda’s business goals. In so doing, this individual will bring excellent analytical skills, strong account and client management experience, a successful record of sustainable performance and the capacity to lead, motivate, coach and mentor teams. In addition, the capability to establish and develop valued long-term partnerships will be a key to the success in this role.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Develop and implement the strategy to accelerate Agoda’s business in South Korea.
- Lead, coach and develop a multifunctional team responsible for growing our local business
- Implement strategies with top partners to enhance productivity and opportunities to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Deliver on country commercial and profitability targets.
- Lead the relation with top local and selected regional partners.
- Coordinate with top management on strategic planning and objectives.
- Conduct market research into trends in the industry and the South Korea market to ensure the competitiveness of Agoda’s products.
- Attend and participate in relevant industry events.
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- More than 12 years of professional experience
- Past success in leading, coaching and developing teams
- Relevant sales, business development or general management experience
- Strong numerical & analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully communicate proposals to potential partners and internal stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker, management consulting experience highly valued
- Excellent command of English and Korean required
- Experience in online/ e-commerce business preferred
- MBA from a well-known institution preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
- To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement; https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/
#seoul #BD #5 #LI-MT1