Junior Compliance CounselApply Now
Junior Compliance Counsel (role is based in Bangkok & relocation will be provided)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get To Know Our Team
In the age of technology, things are constantly changing. The travel market is much the same, being more dynamic and complex than ever. Agoda’s Compliance team is well suited to take on the challenges presented, adopting a proactive mindset to tackle challenges and solve problems. We are quick on our feet, decisive, and collaborate with multiple departments. We hire out-of-the-box thinkers that are well grounded with ethics and compliance knowledge to ensure that Agoda achieves the right results, the right way.
As Junior Compliance Counsel at Agoda, you will be part of our Workplace Compliance team (a part of our Legal team) which develops tools and trainings to inspire a culture of integrity in a highly regulated environment. You will be expected to provide support and act as an advisor on compliance matters to Agoda’s Business teams while gaining a deep understanding of Agoda’s products, systems and business. The role will require creative and proactive thinking, excellent communication skills, and the ability to guide your colleagues towards doing the right thing, the right way.
By nature, you must be curious, collaborative and persuasive enabling you to provide proactive, practical and clear advice in a fast-paced environment. You will be part of a team of dynamic, engaged in-house compliance professionals and the projects and cases you take on will challenge you to think practically and strategically. You will have the chance to collaborate and partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business. You will have the incredible opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment with Agodans from various Agoda offices all over the world.
In This Role, You'll Get To
- Support the parent company's Compliance Function through developing structures to evidence compliance with required program standards and 40+ associated KPIs; administer on-going programs to monitor and address compliance program gaps.
- Conduct data analytics on compliance related data and produce reports that will be presented to key stakeholders at Agoda.
- Monitor Agoda’s Compliance mailbox and ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Oversee the launch of Compliance trainings in a timely manner in accordance with the parent company’s online training plan.
- Develop and execute compliance & ethics communications campaigns on relevant topics or initiatives.
- Administer the company’s Compliance Ambassador program.
- Manage the backend of the company’s EthicsPoint Helpline & Case Management System.
- Conduct compliance investigations where necessary, including evidence collection, coordinating complex investigation and P2P interview.
- Travel, up to 15%.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Degree in law, licensed to practice.
- 2-4 years professional legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and clearly. Thai language skills a plus.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly team oriented.
- Strong Excel skills – including capturing and recording important data, using formula functions such as Pivot, VBA & Macros, Advanced Charting, Tables etc.
- Extensive knowledge of all features of PowerPoint software. Good ability to collaborate with teammates in designing effective presentations.
It's Great If You Have
- Previous experience working in compliance and ethics in a corporate setting or related field (risk or audit).
- Analytical thinker and observer; ability to research a problem or topic and develop practical solutions.
- Preference for practicality over theory, and persuasiveness.
- Adaptive to change and enthusiastic approach to challenges in Agoda’s agile environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement.
#singapore #seoul #taipei #dublin #shanghai #tokyo #hongkong #kualalumpur #prague #poland #bucharest #croatia #warsaw #LGL #4 #LI-SE1