Engineering Manager (Back End) (Gurugram based relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Get to Know our Team:
In Agoda’s Back End Engineering department, we build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic. Our systems cover all major areas of our business: inventory and pricing, product information, customer data, communications, partner data, booking systems, payments, and more. These mission-critical systems change frequently with dozens of releases per day, so we must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime. We also ensure that our systems are self-healing, responding gracefully to extreme loads or unexpected input. In order to accomplish this, we use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices. Most importantly though, we hire great people from all around the world and empower them to be successful. Whether it’s building new projects like Flights and Packages or reimagining our existing business, you’ll make a big impact as part of the Back End Engineering team.
The Engineering Manager role at Agoda is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. The right candidate is both extremely hands on – technically excellent, with solid engineering principles – and exhibits strong leadership and people development skills. We are looking for world class development managers to lead one or more of our engineering teams.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Be hands on – its one of the job’s fundamental task, and most of our development managers are writing and reviewing code, giving expert level coaching and guidance to their engineers.
- It’s important to have a love of engineering and a passion for building things elegantly and at scale. Staying in touch with where the industry is going is crucial, and it’s important to have strong opinions about how systems should be architected, engineered, and maintained.
- Do full stack engineering: you should have solid experience in all parts of the technology stack: infrastructure, client side, back end, performance, data, and others.
- Developing people – Despite our investment and belief in technology, people are still our greatest asset. The right candidate will have a keen interest in developing people: inspiring those around them so they can achieve their potential. Being able to bring A-players such as yourself from outside and integrating them into the business will also be important.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Extremely proficient in at least 1 programming language (Java, Scala, C#)
- Strong experience in systems architecture – particularly in complex, scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems
- Demonstrable experience as a system owner with operational responsibility
- Proficient in lower level engineering (Garbage collection, context switching, threading)
- DevOps culture – Agility. Leanness. Automation. CI/CD
- Good understanding of application security
- Passionate about technology and the Internet
- Must have worked in a successful agile development team
- Must have run engineering teams before with 5+ direct reports
- Able to operate with autonomously: making decisions, setting KPIs, with a strong sense of ownership
- Practices data driven decision making
It’s Great if you have:
- Proficiency in more than one programming language
This position is based in Gurugram, India. Relocation package will be provided.
#newdelhi #pune #bangalore #hyderabad #IT #ENG #4 #LI-TS1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.