Manager – Data & Analytics (Bangkok based, Relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
The Manager – Data & Analytics will be part of the Finance Systems & Innovation team and reports into the Senior Manager (Data & Analytics). The successful candidate will work on delivering key data and analytics initiatives for various Finance stakeholders with the possibility of contributing to data governance projects as well. This would require working closely with Finance users and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to understand and design high quality data solutions and own the data initiatives end-to-end. A successful candidate would be a trusted consultant for the business for setting up efficient data flows, reporting and making data-related analysis and processes as accurate and automated as possible.
** This position is based in Bangkok – relocation provided for expat candidates **
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work closely with a diverse set of stakeholders in Finance and other parts of the organization.
- Consult stakeholders to propose the best suited data solution.
- Build end-to-end solutions including data workflows, dashboards, reports etc
- Become familiar with financial data ecosystem at Agoda
- Help the Finance Analytics team drive value for the Finance department and Agoda as a whole
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of experience with BI & analytics tools (SQL, Tableau, Metabase or similar technologies). Ideally 7+ yrs but not mandatory.
- Experience in ETL tools, data modelling and have proficient knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases: the ability to write, execute and interpret queries is essential
- Quick learner, problem-solving aptitude, effective prioritization, proactive and strong attention to detail
- High sense of ownership and growth mindset, ability to be self-directed
- Ability to understand business questions/requests and be able to suggest proper BI solutions which are measurable and scalable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence peers and build strong relationships within Finance and cross-functionally
- Advanced Excel modelling (OLAP cubes & VBA a bonus)
It’s great if you have:
- Accounting/Financial knowledge and commercial acumen
- Solid technical/functional knowledge in statistics
- Familiarity with scrum/agile methodology
- Other helpful skills – T-SQL, batch scripting, ODBC, data mining, Hadoop
#IT #FIN #singapore #taipei #hongkong #kualalumpur #shanghai #manila #jakarta #seoul #tokyo #hanoi #mumbai #Phuket #bangkok #kualalumpur #hcmc #bangalore #newdelhi #jakarta #hanoi
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.