[Summer Internship 2024] Database Administrator InternApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Summer Internship Period:
Our internship period for this role is from May 27 to August 2, 2024. During this time, interns will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in our dynamic engineering environment, contributing to various projects and gaining valuable hands-on experience. Additionally, outstanding interns may be considered for potential extensions or full-time positions. The expected application timeline is as below;
- Application Period – December 2023 till February 2024
- Assessment Period – January 2024 till March 2024
- Interview Period – January 2024 till March 2024
- Offer Period – April 2024 till May 2024
- Start of Internship – May 2024 till August 2024
If the internship period is not suitable for you, please consider applying for the cooperative internship which offers more flexible timings.
Agoda is looking for an internship student who is interested in knowing how we manage database infrastructure for 1000+ database servers with milliseconds response time and more than 99.9999% uptime of MSSQL Server Databases. You will be involved in the database design, data management, and database development with automated database Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines. You will learn how to build a docker image for a product development team to use in their development life cycle.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Build database docker in different engines to provide for developers to use in their development
- Develop database SQL code with quality and performance optimization
- Set up migrate and re-architect the Agoda production database to support business growth.
- Proactive monitoring to detect unusual behavior on the production database i.e. high query resource usage, unusual database traffic, and database server capacity, and coordinate with the Engineering team to optimize query performance before it affects to user experience.
- Research and implement automation tools to help reduce human time daily i.e. Installation and upgrade tool, Database deployment tool, Anomaly Detection, etc.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Currently studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or any related fields
- Understand database design concepts, ER diagrams, and ability to write SQL query
- Love to solve problems with good analysis skills and always try to make things better
- Familiar with relational and/or non-relational databases
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities, with a creative and analytical mindset
It’s great if you have:
- Know about database high availability or query performance tuning
- Knowledge of Docker or Kubernetes
- Practical knowledge of database management, Windows, Powershell, Linux, and shell script
- Proficient in Python
#students #1 #summerintern #Bangkok
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.