Director, People & Culture (Bangkok Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Our Purpose – Bridging the World Through Travel
We believe travel allows people to enjoy, learn and experience more of the amazing world we live in. It brings individuals and cultures closer together, fostering empathy, understanding and happiness.
We are a skillful, driven and diverse team from across the globe, united by a passion to make an impact. Harnessing our innovative technologies and strong partnerships, we aim to make travel easy and rewarding for everyone.
Get to Know our Team:
The People Team is a purveyor of opportunity, searching the globe for the most talented individuals and offering them an open, collaborative workplace. By prioritizing skill and potential, we have cultivated a powerful assembly of professionals through our drive for equal opportunity and diversity. We make the move to Agoda a breeze with assisted onboarding programs, and we continue to support and enrich our thousands of Agoda employees through individual growth with outstanding learning programs and various means of assistance. Our development of incredible benefits has ensured everyone can stay strong, healthy, and happy during their time at Agoda. Leading ambitious changes and making a positive impact in the lives of our employees, the People Team is a crucial and rewarding part of the Agoda family.
Agoda is seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking Director of People Experience & Culture who will be responsible for developing and executing People Experience, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Engagement and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) strategies that align with the company’s purpose, mission, values, and strategic objectives. This role, working closely with other teams, will play a pivotal part in driving Agoda’s commitment to sustainability, inclusivity, and the evolution of our workplace culture. This position will report directly to the Chief People Officer and works closely with the executive leadership team.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to reinforce Agoda culture and enhance people experience
- Foster a positive and inclusive workplace culture that aligns with the company’s values and promotes employee engagement
- Continue developing our DEI framework together with our leadership team. Ensure that our DEI strategies are guided by insights on employee experience, success of current DEI programs, and external benchmarks
- Build upon and further shape the vision and strategies for Agoda’s CSR and Sustainability agenda, aligned with Agoda purpose and values
- Identify CSR & sustainability opportunities for Agoda and develop recommendations for senior leadership to increase its positive impact on society and the environment.
- Utilize HR analytics and data-driven insights to make informed decisions and track key metrics. Utilize those insights to partner with the leadership team
- Proactively manage relationships and key partnerships with Booking Holdings, as well as external partners such as NGOs, the DEI community, government organizations, etc.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Strong understanding of HR / People processes and strategies, having held responsibility on at least one the following areas in the past: CSR, , DEI, or workplace experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred) is a plus
- A strong understanding of organizations and system dynamics with a view to facilitating change at scale
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills. Experience working with senior leadership on company-wide strategy
- Ability to manage a cross-functional project team
- Ability to influence and collaborate with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability, diversity, equity, and inclusion
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.