Assistant Manager, Transfer Pricing (Bangkok Based, Relocation Provided))Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products and services. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, but we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
Booking Holdings, listed at NASDAQ, is the world leader in online travel and related services. Agoda is part of the Booking Holdings family and located in Asia-Pacific.
Due to the ongoing development of new products (i.e. adding travel related products on our platforms) and global tax and transfer pricing regulation changes, we are looking for additional expertise to grow our Transfer Pricing Center of Expertise in Asia. The main focus of this position is assisting with all tax matters related to transfer pricing for Agoda, including the compliance with tax regulations in all countries where Agoda operates as a business (with a focus on transfer pricing documentation), assistance in restructuring projects, supporting the legal and tax function on potential transfer pricing controversies as well as effectively managing the relationships with the company’s advisors.
As a Assistant Manager Transfer Pricing you will be part of the Booking Holdings Transfer Pricing Center of Expertise. You will support (Senior) Tax Managers with their end-to-end responsibility from scoping the issue/challenge (incl. budgeting) to the overall solution (incl. execution and implementation), including stakeholder management, driving issue resolution, initiating the needed change management and monitoring.
The role involves interaction with Agoda’s entire tax team, Agoda functional leads, our parent company Booking Holdings (based in Norwalk, Connecticut, USA), and the other brands in the Booking Holdings group, our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have excellent, social, management and communication skills in English. Data modelling and accounting knowledge is also a plus.
Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur. The role requires travelling.
This role would preferably be based in Bangkok.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Monitor and maintain transfer pricing- and other tax compliance across the business, including the drafting of local transfer pricing documentation;
- Support in planning strategies, including modelling various scenarios;
- Contribute to tax awareness and appreciation within the group by educating cross-functional teams;
- Ensure compliancy with local rules and regulations;
- Project/coordination responsibilities;
- Conduct internal transfer pricing risk assessment and recommend tax compliance enhancement opportunities;
- Prepare functional and financial analyses, TP documentation, and assist with automation efforts;
- Monitor and analyze proposed and newly enacted transfer pricing legislation, regulations and judicial decisions that impact the company operations and financial positions.
- Coordinate the work of our tax advisors;
- Interface with outside advisors to manage Agoda’s international structure.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- University or other high level degree in Tax Economics/Law/Business Administration or similar degree, preferably;
- 3-5 years of working experience in Transfer Pricing within a big 4 and/or international environment;
- Local transfer pricing knowledge within the APAC region is preferable
- Combination of experience with tax compliance/accounting/treasury is preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of the international tax regulation.
- Self starter, flexible, energetic, passionate, self-motivated, and results-oriented professional;
- Accurate, able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a fast turnaround environment;
- Ability to think strategically, multi-task, and work effectively and efficiently with minimum direction;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management;
- Ability to have good grasp of the detail whilst understanding the “big picture”, and to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously;
- Organized, proactive and common sense;
- Ability to be a hands-on deliverer;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English;
- Social and a team player;
- Willingness to travel.
#FIN #Tax #TransferPricing #bangkok #jakarta #kualalampur #philippines #indonesia #singapore #taiwan #phuket #newdelhi #mumbai #vietnam #malaysia #india #poland # czechrepublic #luxembourg LI-SS2 #LGL #3 #manila #seattle #singapore #amsterdam #seoul #taipei #dublin #washingtondc #shanghai #newyorkcity #london #sanfrancisco #munich #chicago #tokyo #boston #hongkong #kualalumpur #brussels #paris #frankfurt #sydney #melbourne #perth #beijing #paris #zurich #geneva #wroclaw #taipei
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.