Assistant Manager, Government Affairs (Bangkok Based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get To Know Our Team:
Agoda’s Government Affairs Team works on key projects to advance the organization’s critical goals on legislative and policy work, stakeholder engagement, and sustainability in the field of travel tech. Our projects guarantee Agoda continues to play a positive role in leading the industry towards the future, where sustainable travel is the norm and where customers can travel more freely. Working with Government Affairs will offer the opportunity to network, learn, and gain valuable skills at the intersection of government affairs, sustainability, and technology. You will work on aligning Agoda’s strengths with government priorities to make real positive change around the world. Through these high-priority and innovative projects, you will impact the business and the communities we operate in on a global scale.
Agoda seeks a self-motivated, dynamic Assistant Manager of Global Government Affairs who can map, navigate and design strategies to influence regulatory and policy environments in tourism/hospitality, e-commerce, data, tax, and fintech, in Thailand
In This Role, You’ll Get To:
The Assistant Manager will work cross functionally with the Government Affairs team as well as Agoda’s CSR/sustainability, public relations, and legal teams, and extensive business units.
The Assistant Manager will analyze Thailand’s political and economic situations, monitor and provide risks assessment for regulatory issues that impact Agoda’s business. They will also be Agoda’s representative in engaging with working level government entities and other stakeholders to shape and implement effective tourism/tech policies.
The Assistant Manager will be based in Bangkok with a focus on Thailand, with an opportunity to expand the scope to other markets. The successful candidate must have experience collaborating with government and industry stakeholders to implement policy outcomes that deliver business results and a deep knowledge and understanding of the Thai Government. Equally important, the Assistant Manager must have passion, EQ, energy, and vision. An entrepreneurial attitude is required to conceive, build, and manage the framework, metrics, communication tools, and playbooks for this integral team.
The Assistant Manager must be self-driven and results-oriented, taking the lead on a wide-range of tasks and projects. The role requires a nimble, culturally sensitive and professional attitude. Impeccable integrity essential. Agoda is a dynamic and fast-changing workplace. We expect the person in this role to be flexible in his or her understanding of the role and to be able and willing to adapt, to add additional areas of focus, and to respond to changing organizational needs, viewing them as an opportunity to grow and develop a varied portfolio of career skills.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 3-5 + years of experience in government affairs, public affairs, public policy or related field – ideally with experience in technology / e-commerce / travel sectors or governmental organizations
- Impeccable verbal, written, data presentation, and interpersonal communication skills; native-level English and Thai, both spoken and written. Additional regional language skills are considered an asset.
- Experience of designing and implementing government affairs strategies in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Strong partner and stakeholder management skills, both with building new relationships and growing existing relationships
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders. Highly organized and able to drive forward multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge and experience in navigating through political and tech-regulatory landscape in Thailand.
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to work independently and represent Agoda in government engagements, industry associations or chambers of commerce.
- Deliver KPIs aligned with company priorities.
- Work with external consultants, drive thought leadership and government partnership projects.
- Low ego and collaborative mindset for the flat, open structures at Agoda
- Bachelor’s degree in political sciences, public policy, international relations, law, policy communications or international political economy advanced degree is preferred
It’s Great if you have:
- This role will be focused on Thailand, with the potential based on experience, skill, and business priority to expand to other APAC markets.
- Southeast Asia and/or East Asia experience, networks, and language skills are welcomed.
- Law degree or MBA is a plus.
- Business development skills, government sales, and/or strategic partnership development skills and experience
#philippine #jakarta #indonesia #GovernmentAffairs #Publicpolicy #governmentrelations #Thailand #Bangkok
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.