Government Affairs Coordinator (Bangkok based, 6 months contract)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda’s Government Affairs Team works on key projects to advance the organization’s critical goals on legislative and policy work, stakeholder engagement, and sustainability in the field of travel tech. Our projects guarantee Agoda continues to play a positive role in leading the industry towards the future, where sustainable travel is the norm and where customers can travel more freely. Working with Government Affairs will offer the opportunity to network, learn, and gain valuable skills at the intersection of government affairs, sustainability, and technology. You will work on aligning Agoda’s strengths with government priorities to make real positive change around the world. Through these high-priority and innovative projects, you will impact the business and the communities we operate in on a global scale.
We are seeking a Government Affairs Coordinator based in Bangkok, to support Agoda’s government affairs team in Thailand and across the region.
The individual will help execute government affairs and public policy strategy, support the team’s procurement and payment process and report to Agoda’s Government Affairs team.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Government relations:
- Coordinate logistic arrangements for meetings and activities between executive level engagement with key government stakeholders
- Support the execution of Agoda’s government relations strategy.
- Support the execution of Agoda’s CSR partnerships with key government stakeholders
- Internal coordination:
- Support team’s administrative tasks including but not limited to engaging with vendors, managing payments, coordination with Workplace, etc.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 1- 2 years of work experience, ideally in a tech company or multinational company environment, government entities, or non-profit organizations
- Excellent communication skills in English and Thai both speaking and writing.
- An understanding of Thai government stakeholder management and engagement
- Experience managing administrative aspects of basic financial management, accounting, handling of purchasing requisitions.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and administrative skills and ability to work independently.
- Attention to details.
It’s great if you have:
- A degree in social sciences political sciences or economics.
- Experience in working with government entities or international organizations
- Exposure to a multi-cultural work environment and/or the tech industry
- Experience as an Executive Assistant and/or organizational experience with senior management.
- Experience in procurement and payment preferred.
#bangkok #thailand #phuket #chiangmai
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.