Engineering Manager (Data Quality & Governance) (Bangkok based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
As a Development Manager, you will be managing the Data Quality & Governance team at Agoda. You’ll have the opportunity to lead transformative initiatives in the domain that has high impact across entire organization.
Your main responsibilities will include developing & maintaining cutting edge systems and processes to enhance data quality, establish an enterprise-wide data governance framework that empowers all data producers.
In your role as the Data Quality & Governance Development Development Manager, you’ll work side by side with TPM and collaborating with development leads and functional areas, you’ll drive the enhancement of our essential data assets and reinforce our strategic approach to data quality and governance within Agoda.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Lead a team of data engineers
- Drive design and architecture of the system
- Drive engineering best practices (unit testing, continuous delivery, code review, etc.)
- Drive the execution of the team toward the vision. Visionary and pragmatic.
- Grow and coach team members. Always challenge team to be higher performer.
- Work closely with product owner to provide technical direction.
Some of the technologies that would help you to excel in this role:
- Relational database (E.g.: SQL Server, Oracle)
- Object Oriented Languages (E.g.: Java, Scala, Python, C#)
- Big Data Tech (Spark or any other MPP, DBT & S3 )
- NoSQL database technologies (E.g.: Cassandra, Hadoop, Couchbase)
- Message queueing technologies (E.g.: Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Performance and load testing
- Knowledge of best practices in Data Quality Management.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 5-10 years’ experience in software development and a mix of the above-mentioned technologies.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a leadership/influencer position: team lead, development manager or architect.
- Must have worked in an Agile environment and understands Scrum.
- The ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with travel industry and rate system is a plus.
It’s Great if You Have:
- Proficient with DevOps technologies and concepts (e.g.: CI/CD, Dockers, Kubernetes, Jenkins, TeamCity and Git).
#sanfrancisco #sanjose #losangeles #sandiego #oakland #boston #seattle #newyork #telaviv #manchester #london #dublin #sydney #melbourne #perth #saopaolo #hongkong #montreal #toronto #vancouver #jakarta #dubai #manila #kualalumpur #HCMC #IT #4 #5 #LI-SK1 #LI-ST2
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.