Lead Manager / Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships – APAC Financial Institutions (Bangkok-based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Strategic Partnerships is a team of creative entrepreneurs that develop solutions for Agoda’s and other Booking Holdings strategic partners and promote our top and bottom-line growth.
We design tailored business and product solutions with our partners and help them generate measurable value. Members of our team are empowered and supported to grow contribution of their projects and accounts. We develop win-win relationships and leverage Agoda’s and Booking Holdings’ unique travel product portfolio and tech solutions to bring our partners the advantages they seek. Utilizing our strong brand and resources, we build new channels to increase the visibility of Agoda and the other group companies, introduce more travelers to our great products and service and deliver significant profits to the overall business.
At Agoda, our Strategic Partnerships network covers leading brands in travel, eCommerce, social media, affiliate networks, financial institutions, payment gateways, shared economy businesses, mobile operators, loyalty, and membership programs. This role would cover our financial institution partnerships. To be successful in this role, we require someone who has in-depth understanding of relationships, value chain, competitive risks, and opportunities, and how to measure performance by growth in transactions and traffic through partnerships with financial institutions.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Vertical Leadership & Strategy
- Provide direction to account managers in APAC on go-to-market strategy, offerings, commercial guidelines, and optimization levers.
- Drive vertical’s strategy by leveraging insights from a combination of quantitative methods (data & analyses) and qualitative methods.
- Identify product needs, design the feature, and build a business case to support strategic partners and business objectives, leveraging up-to-date knowledge of in-house product capabilities.
- Identify new business opportunities and ensure that the execution is scalable to ensure robust business growth.
- Develop relationships and engage with senior stakeholders of priority partners.
- Team management
- Lead an agile team and drive the team’s performance to meet business objectives.
- Stakeholder management
- Work with cross-functional teams across APAC, including presenting business priorities and performance updates to senior leadership.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- At least 7-10 years of B2B Business Development / Strategic Partnerships/ Management Consulting experience in complex contract negotiation and new business development in a fast-paced business. Prior experience working in the financial services industry is a plus
- Prior work experience in fast-paced Ecommerce or Internet businesses is preferred.
- 3-5+ years of experience in leadership roles
- Strategic thinker with a long-term approach to deal-making and partnership-building
- Analytical and proven track record in using data to measure performance and make decisions. Preferred: experience with SQL, Tableau and other data analysis tools
- Highly organized and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and making prioritization decisions
- Able to effectively keep track of moving parts across projects and adapt to the latest information and goals.
- Excellent communicator with superior written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills and comfortable presenting to internal or partner Senior Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree required; consulting experience a plus.
What Do We Offer
- This position is based in our HQ in Bangkok with work permit sponsorship and relocation assistance
- Career opportunities regarding moves within teams and global locations as well
- Modern working environment in the heart of the metropolitan city of Bangkok
- Diverse and dynamic multinational team
- Competitive salary & overall package
#LI-DN2 #3 #4 #stra #ANLS #prjm #singapore #taipei #kualalumpur #jakarta #hongkong #hcmc #hanoi #manila #bangkok
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.