Associate Vice President, Talent Business Partners (Bangkok-based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The People Team is a purveyor of opportunity, searching the globe for the most talented individuals and offering them an open, collaborative workplace. By prioritizing skill and potential, we have cultivated a powerful assembly of professionals through our drive for equal opportunity and diversity. We make the move to Agoda a breeze with assisted onboarding programs, and we continue to support and enrich our thousands of Agoda employees through individual growth with outstanding learning programs and various means of assistance. Our development of incredible benefits has ensured everyone can stay strong, healthy, and happy during their time at Agoda. Leading ambitious changes and making a positive impact in the lives of our employees, the People Team is a crucial and rewarding part of the Agoda family.
As the AVP of Talent Business Partners you will be developing and growing our team capabilities to consult and partner with our business stakeholders to build people strategies that support attainment of strategic business objectives. In this role you will work directly with the Chief People Officer, the VP of Talent Business Partners and senior stakeholders across Agoda, including the CEO, CFO, CTO and other senior leadership teams to extend the already strong stakeholder relationships and help develop the next level of strategic and agile partnering capability on people matters in a growing technology-led organization. Transform existing capabilities in employee relations, organizational design and development, people operations, and talent management platforms into an agile set of problem solvers with excellent consulting and stakeholder management skills. You will have the opportunity to help shape how the People Team transforms along with Agoda to achieve our business outcomes.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Set strategy on key people programs and processes that address company-wide business priorities such as performance management at scale, employee separation processes, misconduct investigations, etc.
- Ensure we are able to scale our stakeholder partnerships with the business and find solutions for employment in new locations, new entities, new employment types
- Partner with head of Talent Business Partners and Chief People Officer to guide internal development of function to mature, and manage and address complex and sensitive business problems
- Drive strategy and execution to mature and scale how we deliver key employee and managerial support and advice in employee relations cases, market-specific employment guidance, and creation and growth of new entities
- Partner with senior leaders and department heads to shape thinking and provide significant support in driving Agoda-wide business impact aligned with company vision and strategy
- Ably represent People Team in Agoda leadership forums, and represents Agoda in interactions with related brand companies in people-related topics aimed at sharing and learning best practices, harmonizing policies where appropriate such as inter-brand transfer
- Advocate and lead change management best practices across the People Team and in partnership with our business stakeholders
- Mentor and develop other professionals in a maturing People function
- Be a trusted advisor to leadership and play a critical role in enhancing their effectiveness through assessment, feedback and coaching while supporting them in finding solutions in line with Agoda’s People Philosophy
- Champion people compliance and operations to avoid regulatory violations and enable compliant employment in jurisdictions around the world
- Leader of employee relations case management and operational monitoring and implementation with a view to continuous improvement both in outcomes and scalability in a dynamic and growing organization
- Use data to bring insights to stakeholders, inform strategy, track and measure impact of programs tied to business impact such as exit insights and retention strategy, engagement data, patterns of performance management, and more
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 15+ years of experience in strategic or management consulting or significant internal consulting experience in large organization preferably in the tech industry
- Acute business acumen and understanding of how organizational structures and dynamics relate to execution
- Deep experience with employee relations cases and process management, and labor regulations in multiple markets
- Practical experience combined with knowledge of best practices in core employment support and services for employees and managers
- Deep understanding of the systems and associated data across the employee lifecycle and attendant business processes across full employee lifecycle
- Excellent executive presence and the ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to bring business perspectives and facilitate outcomes is more important than experience in HR roles
- Excellent judgement, self-motivated, curious and trustworthy
- Outstanding ability to lead a team with strong ability to prioritize and guide robust, detailed execution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capability backed with excellent data sense
- High level of discretion, confidentiality, and ethics
- Ability to work well with people in a highly multi-cultural environment
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and change in a dynamic environment while bringing structure that supports execution
- Humility, sense of humor, flexibility, good interpersonal skills and the ability to lead difficult conversations are a must
- Undergraduate degree from a top university expected, advanced degrees welcome
It’s Great if you have:
- Familiarity with organizational and instructional design
- Experience working with, or in support of diverse communities.
- Demonstrated change management experience in areas other than HR
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.