Staff / Lead Platform Engineer (Developer Experience) (Bangkok based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get To Know Our Team
In Agoda’s, we build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic. Our systems cover all major areas of our business: inventory and pricing, product information, customer data, communications, partner data, booking systems, payments, and more. These mission-critical systems change frequently with dozens of releases per day, so we must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime. We also ensure that our systems are self-healing, responding gracefully to extreme loads or unexpected input. To accomplish this, we use languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices. Most importantly though, we hire great people from all around the world and empower them to be successful. Whether it’s building new projects like Flights and Packages or reimagining our existing business, you’ll make a big impact as part of the Engineering team.
As a Platform Engineer (Developer Experience), you will be responsible for measuring & optimizing software development experience to support improving quality and velocity across all teams. You will be a key member of a growing team and require self-motivation, a background of strong development experience, and a strong foundation of automation spanning all phases of development. In addition to the requirements below, successful candidates and team members will share a passion for a high-quality product, strong engineering principles, and methodical problem-solving skills. To excel in this role, you need to possess a deep passion for designing and implementing solutions that strike a perfect balance between quality and velocity. This involves implementing robust quality practices and fostering a culture of quality by design.
In This Role, You’ll Get To
- Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation.
- Solve complex technical challenges around engineering and quality.
- Utilize or build platforms, tools, documentation that can help the team to deliver software with top quality.
- Contribute to and lead cross-team initiatives that are impacting many teams.
- Define and apply platform strategies within and across teams. Improving key metrics for quality and velocity.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- At least 6 years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Strong experience working with testing frameworks and tools like Playwright, Selenium, UFT, Junit, NUnit, Appium, Pact etc.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies including platform best practices across SDLC.
- Proficient with DevOps technologies and concepts for example: CI/CD, Dockers, Kubernetes, Jenkins, TeamCity and Git.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a part of both large and small teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Good writing and communication skills in English; Must be able to clearly describe and discuss problems.
#singapore #seoul #tokyo #sydney #melbourne #dhaka #moscow #hcmc #kualalumpur #newdelhi #bengaluru #hyderabad #mumbai #chennai #kyiv #dubai #telaviv
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.