Cybersecurity Legal Counsel (Bangkok Based, Relocation Support Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In the age of technology, things are constantly changing. The travel market is much the same, being more dynamic and complex than ever. Agoda’s Legal team is well suited to take on the challenges presented, adopting a proactive mindset to tackle challenges and solve problems. We are quick on our feet, decisive, and collaborate with multiple departments. We hire out-of-the-box thinkers that are well grounded with ethics and legal knowledge to ensure that Agoda achieves the right results, the right way.
As Cybersecurity Legal Counsel – you will be part of a leading and innovative team responsible for the legal risk areas of data privacy, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence.
Your key areas of focus will be:
- Legal incident response: working closely with our IT Security team, you will lead our legal response to information security and cyber events. This includes relevant notification to regulators, impacted data subjects and otherwise to constantly improve our incident response policy and protocols
- Cybersecurity contract negotiation and auditing: working closely with our IT Compliance team on contract IT security related negotiations, clauses and cybersecurity related audits
- Regulatory change management for new cybersecurity laws and some data protection laws: this includes leading projects for compliance with such laws which may include relevant areas such as data localization
We are looking for a solution-oriented team player with an international mindset and a sense of intercultural understanding who takes initiative, is able to build strong relationships and is fluent in English. If you are somebody who has an interest and aptitude to build out a career in cybersecurity law, this is a great opportunity for you.
The successful candidate:
- Has 4-6 years work experience as a lawyer, preferably in an international environment
- Has a degree in Law from a respected university/law school
- Has experience with incident response in relation to cyber events
- Is a proactive team player in Agoda’s Legal department interacting cross-team with commercial legal, compliance and product and also with other departments such as IT Security
- Has experience with cybersecurity laws and data localization requirements
- Some experience with auditing including the NIST cybersecurity framework
- Has a hands-on approach to work, not afraid to roll up sleeves
- Has exceptional time management skills and a flexibility to work outside typical working hours during cyber events
- Is able to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand
- A dynamic role in a fast-growing team of a reputable global company;
- Working in an international environment
- Great opportunities for further development in cybersecurity, data privacy and artificial intelligence
- Working in a personal team of flexibly minded and highly skilled professionals
#LI-SS2 #3 #LGL #Bangkok #Singapore #Amsterdam #Hong Kong #London #Paris #Berlin #Frankfurt #Taiwan #Seoul #India #china #NewYork #Chicago #boston #berlin #amsterdam #dublin #edinburgh #philippines #malaysia #kualalampur #jakarta #hongkong #delhi #newdelhi #bangalore #mumbai #manila
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.