Data Analyst (Supply Analytics team, Bangkok-based, Relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN BANGKOK, THAILAND (WITH RELOCATION PROVIDED)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
As part of the Supply Analytics Team, you will be responsible for identifying new partners and opportunities, cultivating a relationship with them, and working together with them to deliver the best outcome for our end customers. You would also be responsible with managing the day to day interaction with the partner and working closely with other teams within Agoda to ensure the partners needs are met.
We design tailored business and product solutions with our partners and help them generate measurable value. Members of our team are empowered and supported to grow their market(s) or accounts. We develop win-win relationships and leverage Agoda’s unique accommodations portfolio and tech solutions to bring our partners the advantages they seek. Utilizing our strong brand and resources, we build new channels to increase the visibility of Agoda, introduce more travelers to our great products and service and deliver significant revenues to the overall business.
As an Analyst/Senior Analyst, you will report directly to either the Senior Manager or Associate Director within the Supply Department and this will be an individual contributor role. You will be responsible and fully empowered to work with the partners on the ground. You will be supported by a team within the Supply department and work closely with other Team members within Agoda.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Translate internal briefs into analytical projects (to include refining the initial brief and asking the ‘right questions’, working through potential hypotheses and storyboarding the output)
- Use and analyze data from multiple large-scale data warehouses and present statistically strong analysis to a wide range of business stakeholders.
- Proactively identify opportunities for growth within supply and the wider business.
- Drive new analytical initiatives and projects aimed at improving organizational efficiency and shaping Agoda supply.
- Identify, support, and lead projects aimed at scaling up the way the Supply organization leverages on data, insights, and intelligence.
- Automate manual operational processes and present back on time savings gained through modernization of business operations
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- At least 3-5+ years of experience working as an Analyst with experience in analytics/data science/insights/strategy/BI
- Advanced working knowledge and hands-on experience in SQL
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in data visualization tools such as Tableau (preferably)
- Expert domain of data analysis and data visualization tools and software such as Excel, Python (or R)
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in a business or quantitative subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, engineering, science, economics or finance).
- A good understanding of statistical modelling knowledge or any machine learning technique knowledge (such as hypothesis testing, regression, logistic regression, random forest, etc.)
- Good stakeholder management experience. Comfortable presenting to senior leadership and C-suite.
- Experience in conducting A/B testing experimentation
- Strong experience in finding data insights and provide business recommendation to the business
- A hacker’s mindset – the ability to build simple but clever and elegant solutions to new problems within significant resource, operational and time constraints through deep understanding of the business, creative problem solving, and a wide range of expertise in data, analytics, automation, programming, and prototyping.
- Excellent communicator with superior written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Data driven in both decision making and performance measurement.
- Extreme comfort in ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate resources.
It’s Great if you Have:
- MBA or Masters in a quantitative subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, engineering, science, economics or finance).
- Program management certifications (e.g. PMI, PRINCE2) to compliment your program management experience.
- Asian market experience.
- Travel industry / e-commerce / tech / consulting experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.