Payments and Fintech Project Manager (Based in Bangkok | Relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Specifically within the Payments team, we are in a unique position of servicing counterparties in every continent and therefore providing people with the ability to learn from and experience the most up to date payment themes from around the globe.
This role is responsible for ideating and managing global payment operations excellence projects in the Payments Function in Finance. This includes (i) process optimization, (ii) operations team’s performance improvement, (iii) occasional BI support, (iv) sizing and leading key projects with multiple stakeholders including Product, Tech, Customer Services, Account Management teams and internal finance stakeholders.
Your responsibilities include the following:
- Own from end-to-end projects, or a collection of projects / areas of business, in Payments (global coverage)
- Initiate, plan, and drive projects aiming at improving: operational efficiency, service levels, quality, productivity, cost efficiency, and partner experience.
- Ensure Payment Operations readiness to support Agoda’s new business initiatives by working with other teams in Finance as well as different functions within Agoda (Product, Marketing, Strategic Partnership, Partner Services, CEG, Legal, etc.)
- Identify problems and opportunities, based on data and by working with others, to improve critical operational metrics and propose project ideas/solutions
- Design project plan and work with stakeholders to gain buy-in and commitment
- Work closely with stakeholders including Product Management, Technology and other Project Management teams to design appropriate solutions, configure systems and processes, support testing, rollout, analyze results.
- Ensure constant communication and calibration between project teams and other stakeholders at regular intervals
- Support advocacy and communication for Payment Operations function across internal and external stakeholders to ensure broad understanding of the project rationale, progress, and impact
- Drive, implement, and manage change in the organization
- Ensure timely progress and achievement of project milestones and goals by coordinating different workstreams, identifying risks, troubleshooting, and proposing mitigation plans. Act at all times as the ultimate owner of the project
- Analyze project outcome & impact, collect feedback, and drive continuous improvement
- Work collaboratively with others, contribute as thought partners, and support others’ projects, enabling others’ success
- Help inform team’s long-term vision, strategy, and short-term goals to drive maximize impact. Be accountable for outcomes.
- Build talent and capability in the team as needed. Support fellow team members’ development through coaching and feedback
- This is a hands-on role where you often have to conduct many of your own data analyses (primarily SQL, Metabase, & Tableau) and manage existing projects while staying close to the operations teams to ideate and size new projects.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- At least 4-8 years of experience in project management, strategy, operations, management consulting, and/or investment banking with extensive stakeholder management experience
- Proven track record of developing and implementing plans to achieve business goals and objectives with clear and tangible metrics
- Ability to analyze business challenges with a data-driven approach and communicate actionable recommendations to business leaders
- Analytical and comfortable with numbers. Can define the analysis structure, interpret data, and think on your feet
- Solid experience in project/stakeholder management, process improvement, planning, and performance management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, multicultural environment
- Eagerness to pitch new ideas, take initiatives, and look for opportunities for improvements
- Comfortable working with uncertainty and experimentation in a high-velocity environment
- Ability to work on technical projects with Product Management Team
- Attention to detail and ability to ask the right questions to ensure speed and accuracy
- Skills in SQL/Tableau
It’s Great if you have:
- Payments experience, with understanding of bank transfers, virtual credit cards
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Exciting, high impact career opportunity including moves between teams and global locations. You will be interacting with departmental senior leadership team regularly.
- Dynamic multinational working environment with colleagues of diverse educational and professional background
- Continuous learning and development opportunities through corporate learning programs
- Modern office space and convenient location at the heart of Bangkok metropolitan
- This role can serve as a successful transition point to other Payments Project Management roles on the pay-in side and people management responsibilities.
- This role would be based out of Bangkok, Thailand (relocation support for successful overseas candidates)
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.