Collection and Chargeback Supervisor (Bangkok Based, Relocation Provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
At Credit Risk and Collections (“CRC”) in Finance, we are proud to be the gatekeepers of Agoda’s money. Our job is two-fold; help decide who Agoda should advance money to and how to collect what we are owed. As part of this, CRC assesses and manages Agoda’s counterparty credit risk, collects payments and tax invoices for select products globally while also managing relationships with Agoda’s global risk solution providers and debt collection agencies.
Credit Risk and Collections function is looking for Collection & Chargeback Supervisor to work on various aspects of chargeback and collection including but not limited to processing chargebacks and disputes at scale through the Mastercard infrastructure, data management, preparation of process reports and working on collection related back-office activities.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Working on chargebacks and disputes under the Mastercard scheme with an analytical mindset, looking to maximize efficiency and success rate.
- Work on challenging cases with a mindset to recover money and employ problem solving skills to troubleshoot issues
- Provide servicing to internal and external stakeholders regarding collection/ invoice issues, review account adjustments, resolving discrepancies and short payments
- Analyzing challenging email queries from both internal and external stakeholders to troubleshoot partner queries and disputes with the aim of accelerating recovery and providing relevant information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Record all activities including update status records and chargeback status, amounts and dates into trackers.
- Month end reporting and advanced analytics to improve win rates and contribute to collection strategy
- Train team members, performance manage direct reports (1-2) and contribute to departmental OKR, KPI and strategic planning
- Work with the Manager on various chargeback and collections projects and analytics aimed to improve overall efficiency
- Learn to operate internal back-office systems, bank portals as relevant
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Basic financial and payment system literacy with the ability to understand chargeback infrastructure and employ best strategies to win chargeback cases.
- Creative mindset to think out of the box to manage challenging chargeback situations and ability to quickly understand new system or flow.
- Exhibit proactive approach and personal ownership. Must be result oriented and have the ability to work under pressure under tight deadline
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word. Must be familiar with tools like V-lookup and Pivots (or quick learner with motivation to learn)
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
- Assist in special projects and ad-hoc assignments, upon request
- Demonstrate great organizational skills, attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving skills, and the ability to make decisions based on logical reasoning
- Ability to contribute to the team’s results, work through a fast paced and goal-oriented environment
- People management skills
It’s Great if you have:
- 4-5 years of work experience in finance or related fields, ideally with some chargeback, payment systems or financial services overlap but not strictly necessary for this role.
- Aptitude to quickly learn about chargeback and collection with the ability to optimize processes and contribute towards efficiency improvements over time
- Microsoft Office experience, specifically Excel skills and the ability to manage large data sets. SQL and dashboarding skills are a plus but not strictly necessary.
#Newdelhi #Mumbai #Manila #Jakarta #Kualalumpur HoChiMinh #Karachi #Lahore #Bengaluru #Shanghai #Chennai #islamabad #Hyderabad #Vietnam #accountreconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.