Strategic Account Manager – Based in Osaka, JapanApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
As a Strategic Account Manager, you will be the main contact between our accommodation partners and Agoda, with the responsibility of nurturing the relationship with our key supply partners and driving mutual growth. A key responsibility in developing our business is the ability to identify and acquire new sources of supply and product offerings within an assigned territory while maintaining existing relationships.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Develop long lasting relationships with key supply partners to enable Agoda’s growth in the region
- Maintain regular and meaningful engagement with Agoda’s key supply partners
- Analyze large datasets to propose tailor-made solutions to Agoda’s supply partners
- Leverage analytical and problem-solving skills to identify new opportunities to grow Agoda’s business
- Train and inform clients of both new and existing technologies, tools, and models
- Prepare materials to aid in growing our business during partner meetings
- Respond to partners requests in a timely and effective manner
- Gain buy-in from relevant stakeholders to execute strategies and help launch promotional campaigns to enhance productivity and maintain Agoda’s competitiveness
- Leverage product offerings to match market demands to maximize our ability to convert passive customers into active ones
- Deliver on country KPIs, growth targets and country strategic initiatives
- Support the Area Manager in preparing country reporting for senior stakeholders
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in business development and/or account management
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence both external / internal stakeholders
- Experience in internet/e-commerce preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player with a professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Proven success in acquiring, building & maintaining long term customer relationships
- Adapts well to change and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create new, innovative ideas
- Fluent Language Proficiency in Japanese & English
It’s Great if you have:
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Experience in Travel industry
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.