Account Manager – Malaysia, Agoda HomesApply Now
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda Homes – a core business line within Agoda – supports a wide range of non-hotel accommodation types, including serviced apartments, homes, private villas, farm stays, chalets, boats, and many more. While these accommodations were always available on Agoda, a changing market demands more focus on increasing supply and elevating their quality.
The key responsibility of an Account Manager is to grow and optimize the Homes business within Malaysia. The Account Manager must manage the relationship with accommodation partners to tap opportunities that allow our mutual business to grow further. This includes identifying and acquiring new sources of supply, while maintaining existing relationships. A key aspect of the role is to combine on-the-ground learnings with analysis of large data sets, including market intel, to uncover strategic opportunities for their defined territory. The Account Manager must be able to report back their findings to relevant stakeholders, both internally and externally. In addition, the Account Manager will assist in project-based work around developing a host community network to further accelerate the growth of supply in their markets.
This is a role based in our Kuala Lumpur office in Malaysia, reporting to the Agoda Homes business team based in Bangkok.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Leverage analytical and problem-solving skills to drive the supply health of assigned portfolio
- Grow the business through targeted sourcing of new accommodation partners
- Optimize existing supply by offering products to match market demands, improving business performance for accommodation partners
- Support Agoda Homes Senior Manager in executing scalable initiatives/projects to drive growth
- Assist in developing a community of host network e.g. build community forum, host events, attend relevant events in the market
- Report weekly/monthly KPI’s and key metrics internally to showcase successes and highlight potential opportunities
- Prepare materials to aid in growing our business during partner meetings
- Consolidate feedback from hosts to understand product gaps/feature requests
- Gain buy-in from relevant stakeholders to execute strategies and help launch programs to enhance productivity and maintain competitiveness on Agoda’s website
***Please note that the duties of this role may change at any time due to changing needs of the department
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum 3 – 6 years of professional experience in startup and/or business development environments
- Proven track record of a self-starter who can think out of the box and autonomously execute projects in a fast-paced environment
- Fast learner, adapts well to and is energized by change
- Results-oriented strategic thinker, who is assertive and full of initiatives
- Strong business development skills, with the ability to acquire hosts on our platform
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills. Able to identify high-impact opportunities and objectively evaluate projects
- Ability to effectively push the team’s vision, while communicating and getting buy-in from key stakeholders
- Be a team player with a professional “get it done” attitude and work ethics
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence both internal / external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, with fluency in English
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ability to query from database is a plus
#kualalumpur #BD #SALE #3 #4 #LI-KR1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.