Legal Counsel – Greater China, 1 Year Contractor (Shanghai)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Working at Agoda is an incredibly unique opportunity. We are an Asia-based OTA, with a growing footprint in Greater China. We seek adventurers with high energy who are ready to tackle challenging problems in a space that is continuously evolving. You will gain exposure to innovative and diverse business practices and help to build a legal framework to support their implementation.
As the Legal Counsel for Greater China (based in Shanghai), you will advise Agoda’s growing team on commercial, regulatory, and corporate matters. You will be reporting to the Head of Legal Greater China and working closely with the global legal team in the headquarter.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Commercial & Corporate
- Advise business on new product offerings and business initiatives.
- Draft, negotiate, and review commercial agreements that meet Agoda’s global standards and commercial objectives.
- Work with in-house team members and external counsels to provide appropriate legal advice on general corporate and commercial matters.
- Coordinate with our HQ-based Corporate Governance Team to ensure corporate records, licenses, and registrations are kept up to date
Regulatory & Litigation
- Monitor and advise on legal and regulatory developments that impact Agoda’s operations in Greater China.
- Reply to government inquiries and handle investigations triggered by customer complaints.
- Manage small litigation involving consumer protection and copyright infringement.
- Handle regular filings related to cybersecurity and data protection.
- Provide pragmatic advice and be a problem-solver
- Able to execute and deliver
- Work independently and collaborate well with other teams
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- 5 years of relevant in-house or private practice (law firm) experience
- Degree in law from a respected university
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English is a must
- Previous exposure to and practical knowledge of e-commerce is a big plus
#Legal #Shanghai #LI-ZFL
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.