Accounts Payable Officer / Senior Officer (Bangkok based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 3.6 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to know our team
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we’re also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
- Perform day-to-day Accounts Payable financial and related accounting activities e.g., making payment to supplier, ensure all financial transactions are accurate, executed and recorded on time
- Perform month end closing activities e.g., monthly reconciliation of Accounts Payable related accounts including overall analyze to detect unusual items and propose resolution on discrepancies/outstanding (If any)
- Monitor accounting, associated system and procedures working properly and comply with internal controls, regulations, accounting principles and standards
- Provide necessary support to projects/initiatives/process enhancement to ensure that they are completed on-time with quality results
- Provide support transactions processing particularly for more complexity with supervisor’s advisement
- Ensure that unusual items or cases are brought up for discussion appropriately and resolved within the deadline with consultation from Supervisor
- Proactive partnering, ensure fairly support stakeholders within Finance and outside of Finance
- Support team to deliver Ad Hoc request as needed
What you’ll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in Accounts Payable Accounting or related field
- Strong Interpersonal skill, problem solving, prioritization, proactive handling, and teamwork with ability to meet deadline
- Proficient in MS Office Application
- Dynamic and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment with growth mindset
- Team working skills – ability to collaborate, influence and mediate effectively with other teams both within and outside of Finance
- Energetic, initiative with good communication skills in Thai and English
It’s great if you have
- Proficient ERP Software (Oracle is preferable)
- Accounting experience in online travel agency business
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.