Business Development Lead – Beds NetworkApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Agoda Beds Network team is a brand new department within Agoda focusing on improving Agoda’s supply quality and inventory. As our accommodation partners are a key to our success, we work hard to ensure their success. That is why the Agoda bed bank team specializes in strategic account management. We serve as consultants and thought partners, offering strategic advice on how best to excel on Agoda’s commercial platforms through innovative solutions. With the help of industry-leading technology, we work and collaborate globally to bring together the best ideas from diverse perspectives and strive in ensuring the best value for our partners, our customers, and Agoda.
As a Business Development Team Leader your main objective will be to provide guidance and leadership to ensure the successful account management of Agoda’s hotel partners. You will also be responsible in guiding your team to successfully met and exceed the KPIs and growth expectations. In so doing, the individual will bring excellent analytical skills, strong account and partner management experience, successful record of sustainable performance and the capacity to motivate, coach and mentor team members. The individual should also be willing to step in directly to support and manage relationships with the hotel partners if required. In addition, the capability to establish and develop valued long-term partnerships will be a key to success in this role.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Develop, manage and lead a team (where applicable) that is responsible for hotel partnerships across your market to achieve all targets and KPIs
- Devise and implement strategies that grow Agoda’s beds network footprint
- Coordinate and work closely with management on strategic planning and objectives
- Build and develop hotel partnerships to meet the Company’s objectives
- Develop new tools and process that contribute to greater productivity and efficiency
- Lead, develop and coach team to achieve business goals
- Step in when needed to directly manage, and strengthen relationships with partners
- Hone your analytical skills in better understanding business and conversion drivers and how to optimize them
- Prepare and present high-quality weekly reports including sharing best practices
- Be innovative and creative in identifying, pitching and building new relationships with partners for Agoda
- Work in a data-driven environment
- Research and troubleshoot rate and availability issues preventing hotels from maximizing booking performance; e.g., problems with connectivity, rate mapping, extranet management, etc.
- Use out-of-the-box thinking to develop and implement solutions to unique challenges
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in any relevant field
- Five years’ experience in hotel or travel industry, especially OTA channels preferred, but not necessary
- Strong numerical & analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop big picture thinking and strategy for bed bank in their respective market
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence external / internal stakeholders
- “Go getter” attitude in acquiring, mentoring & building long term customer relationships
- Strong prioritization and planning skills; must be comfortable making trade-offs vs. trying to get it all done
- Comfortable in two-way feedback culture
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Written and spoken proficiency
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.