Technical Program Manager (Japanese speaking, Japan-based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to know our team:
In Product, ideas come alive. The world is moving fast so our culture empowers ownership and minimal bureaucracy. That’s the environment that enables you to do what you think is right – and quickly. Our Technical Program Managers move fast, fail, learn, and pivot.
Being a product-centric organization, our team works cross-functionally to build products from conception to launch by bringing together engineering and business worlds. Agoda’s product team has direct impact on Agoda’s growth and strategy and puts our travelers first and delivers that special travel experience in the most creative expression.
The Technical Program Manager – Strategic Partnerships role is responsible for the management of projects & areas of responsibilities for one of Agoda’s key Strategic Partners. You will play a key role in driving partner satisfaction as well as significant revenue growth through excellent external stakeholder management, timely and concise internal and external communication, contribution to product roadmap, and through continuous optimization of partner-facing processes.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Own projects from end-to-end, or a collection of projects / areas of business, for a Strategic Partner that is critically important to Agoda, both from a strategic point of view and revenue point of view
- Define KPIs for all projects and evaluate the success of a project
- Investigate reported live site problems in great detail and work closely with development team to understand solutions, estimates, and ongoing status.
- Identify problems and opportunities, based on data and by working with others, to improve the user experience
- Work closely with Partner / Technology teams to design appropriate solutions, configure systems, support testing, rollout, analyze results, and ensure usage and impact of new customer-facing features
- Ensure constant communication and calibration between project teams and other stakeholders at regular intervals
- Ensure timely progress and achievement of project milestones and goals by coordinating different workstreams, identifying risks, troubleshooting, and proposing mitigation plans. Act at all times as the ultimate owner of the project
- Analyze project outcome & impact, collect feedback, and drive continuous improvement
- Positively contribute to our team’s culture: continuous improvement, deliver better together, and enable others’ success
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of experience in project or program or product management, strategy, operations
- Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies
- Strong communication and presentation skills (English and Japanese)
- Problem solving and structuring skills
- A growth mindset and positive attitude: pro-active, hands-on, detail-oriented, strong sense of ownership, data driven, experimentation oriented
- Analytical and comfortable with numbers. Can define the analysis structure, interpret data, and think on your feet
- Solid experience in project/stakeholder management, process improvement, planning
- Ability to work well with and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to adapt your working style to different situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, multicultural environment
- Eagerness to pitch new ideas, take initiatives, and look for opportunities for improvements
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Attention to detail and ability to ask the right questions to ensure speed and accuracy
- Professional experience in Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Experience with agile software development processes
#seattle #sanfrancisco #beijing #newyork #london #bangkok #singapore #chicago #hongkong #singapore #berlin #shanghai #losangeles #boston #austin #toronto #luxembourg #munich #oslo #copenhagen #stockholm #helsinki #brussels #hamburg #stuttgart #taipei #hamburg #stuttgart #dublin #telaviv #sydney #melbourne #perth #vancouver #montreal #prague #paris #dublin #telaviv #milan #rome #tokyo #osaka #lisbon #amsterdam #moscow #saintpetersburg #frankfurt #shenzhen #istanbul #dubai #kiev #seoul #LI-Hybrid
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.