Director of ProductApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to know our team:
In Product, ideas come alive. The world is moving fast so our culture empowers ownership and minimal bureaucracy. That’s the environment that enables you to do what you think is right – and quickly. Our Product Managers move fast, fail, learn, and pivot.
Being a product-centric organization, our team works cross-functionally to build products from conception to launch by bringing together the engineering and business worlds. Agoda Product Managers work closely with executive leadership and have high visibility among the C-suite; they have a direct impact on Agoda’s growth and strategy. The product puts our travelers first and delivers that special travel experience in the most creative expression.
This role is BANGKOK-BASED, RELOCATION-PROVIDED. As our next Director of Product, you will lead a team of talented Senior Product Managers to build and scale our suite of products for our partners and customers. You are responsible for building products end-to-end, leading a cross-functional team to build customer-centric products and experiences. You will drive product strategy and partner closely with senior leadership cross-functionally to define, build, and deliver the best travel solutions.
Your team will get dedicated engineering resources that you, and only you define and allocate. We expect you to have a hands-on mentality and spend considerable time with your Product and engineering teams, have the enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Be fully accountable for the success of your product scope, taking ownership of a roadmap that achieves a broad set of business, partner, customer, and quality goals
- Conceptualize, launch and optimize products and features, experiment, test their performance and iterate quickly.
- Work with engineering to understand timelines, dependencies, and tradeoffs, and provide input on technical roadmap and architecture
- Work with designers to create customer-centric, lovable experiences
- Lead a team of product managers and market managers; hire, grow, and mentor them
- Work with our commercial partners and business teams to create innovative traveler experiences and achieve strategic business goals
- Work with senior members of the company collaboratively to communicate and finalize decisions
- Create your own path at an organization growing double-digit percent annually
This position is open to worldwide candidates, and we will assist you with visa and relocation packages, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (i.e., Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline)
- Extremely comfortable with data and analysis. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Extensive experience building products, businesses, and/or organizations, managing through scenarios of evolving ambiguity, resources, and constraints
- Experience leading global product vision, go-to-market strategy and design discussions.
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Entrepreneurial and analytical skills; effective at breaking down complex problems and driving and managing change
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to convey complex messages clearly and with conviction to different stakeholders
- MBA, advanced math or engineering degree are preferable
#seattle #sanfrancisco #beijing #newyork #london #bangkok #singapore #chicago #hongkong #singapore #berlin #shanghai #losangeles #boston #austin #toronto #luxembourg #munich #oslo #copenhagen #stockholm #helsinki #brussels #hamburg #stuttgart #taipei #hamburg #stuttgart #dublin #telaviv #sydney #melbourne #perth #vancouver #montreal #prague #paris #dublin #telaviv #milan #rome #tokyo #osaka #lisbon #amsterdam #moscow #saintpetersburg #frankfurt #shenzhen #istanbul #dubai #kiev #seoul #LI-Hybrid
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.