Principal Commercial Counsel – Supply and Properties (Bangkok-Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In the age of technology, things are constantly changing. The travel market is much the same, being more dynamic and complex than ever. Agoda’s Legal team is well suited to take on the challenges presented, adopting a proactive mindset to tackle challenges and solve problems. We are quick on our feet, decisive, and collaborate with multiple departments. We hire out-of-the-box thinkers that are well grounded with ethics and legal knowledge to ensure that Agoda achieves the right results, the right way.
This is a new role and opportunity to develop/carve-out a niche role within the Commercial and Corporate Team. Seeking able, confident, curious and self-motivated lawyer (based in Bangkok or Singapore) to join the growing Agoda Commercial and Corporate Legal team who will work closely with others stakeholders in the Booking Holdings group and particularly with colleagues across the Group brands. This is a generalist role but with a high focus on supply contracts, B2B relationships, all matters relating to hotel/property relationships, general commercial matters and Partner Services operational improvements.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Draft and negotiate international, commercial agreements with a focus on strategic partnerships, B2B, supply distribution, new initiatives, marketing, and public relations
- Develop a new line of legal support with a critical business partner
- Provide well-reasoned, yet practical legal advice on a wide-range of legal and business matters and processes
- Draft key agreements with hotel partners, manage disputes and drive continual improvement and innovation
- As a true business partner, to maintain regular communication with key business teams, including senior level management, global legal team, finance and tax, and external counsel
- Implement contract standards and controls, including that which happens at the holding company and/or sister-brand level
- Contribute to new policies, procedures, training, and templates with the goal of fostering efficiency and compliance
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- 8-10 years post qualified experience
- Excellent communications and legal drafting in English
- Qualified lawyer/attorney with current entitlement to practice
- Strong academic credentials, top-tier law firm experience plus prior in-house and significant contracting and commercial experience
- Experience in dealing with general commercial contracting matters, B2B relationships, procurement and disputes. This role will be the sole contact for all supply related matters (including disputes) for the Agoda Partner Services division
- Proactive and intellectually curious with a core ability to problem solve and make the complex simple
- Interact with colleagues, both legal and commercial, from the Key Accounts team to drive collaboration, consistency and alignment of operational practices
- Ability to work independently from intake through execution and work closely with business partners on solutions and innovative process improvements
- A demonstrated can-do, roll up your sleeves, collaborative approach, coupled with a strong work ethic and sound judgment
- Experience with travel industry/technology
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously with support when needed
- Ability to forge trusted relationships with colleagues around the world
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills with high level of English proficiency
- Love for far-flung places and willingness to travel for business (when able)
#bangkok #singapore #phuket #newdelhi #canada #newyork #edinburgh #paris #peru #london #netherland #jakarta #philippines #london #taipei #budapest #kualalampur #malta #manila #hanoi #hcmc #wroclaw #zurich #madrid #seoul #barcelona #porto #lisbon #tokyo #osaka #florence #yokohama #okinawa #rome #milan #telaviv #bali #frankfurt #berlin #munich #paris #nice #lyon #shenzhen #montreal #toronto #vancouver #shanghai #beijing #perth #melbourne #sydney #seattle #houstan #austin #portland #detroit #boston #chicago #losangeles #sanfrancisco
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.