[Summer Internship 2023] Database Administrator Intern, Data TeamApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 6,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Summer internship period: 29 May – 4 August 2023
Agoda is looking for internship student who is interested to know how we manage database infrastructure for 1000+ database servers with milliseconds response time and more than 99.9999% uptime including SQL(MSSQL, and PostgreSQL) & NoSQL (Cassandra, ScyllaDB, Couchbase, ElasticSearch, and Graphite). You will be involved in the database design, data managing and database development with automated database Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines. You will learn how to build docker image for product development team in order to use in their development life cycle.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Build database docker in different engines to provide for developer to use in their development
- Develop database SQL code with quality and performance optimization
- Setup migrate and re-architect Agoda production database to support business growth.
- Proactive monitoring to detect unusual behavior on production database i.e. high query resource usage, unusual database traffic, database server capacity and coordinate with Engineering team to optimize query performance before it affects to user experience.
- Research and implement automation tool to help reduce human time on daily basis i.e. Installation and upgrade tool, Database deployment tool, Anomaly Detection, etc.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Systems / Computer Engineering or related field
- Understand database design concept, ER diagram and ability to write SQL query
- Love to solve problem with good analysis skill and always try to make thing better
- Familiar with relational and/or non-relational databases
- Excellent English written and verbal communication
It’s Great if you have:
- Have knowledge about database high availability or query performance tuning
- Familiar with NoSQL data engines
- Knowledge in Docker or Kubernates
- Practical knowledge with database management, Windows, Powershell, Linux and shell script
- Proficient in Python
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.