[Summer Internship 2023] Software Quality Engineer InternApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Summer internship period: May – August 2023
Get to Know our Team:
In Agoda’s, we build scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic. Our systems cover all major areas of our business: inventory and pricing, product information, customer data, communications, partner data, booking systems, payments, and more. These mission-critical systems frequently change with dozens of releases per day, so we must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques to make sure everything works without any downtime. We also ensure that our systems are self-healing, responding gracefully to extreme loads or unexpected input. In order to accomplish this, we use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and C#, data technologies like Kafka and Spark, and agile development practices. Most importantly, though, we hire great people from all around the world and empower them to be successful. Whether it’s building new projects like Flights and Packages or reimagining our existing business, you’ll make a big impact as part of the our engineering team.
The Software Quality Engineer Intern role at Agoda is an integral part of the development process. Responsibilities of this role are to focus on creating a quality deliverable and ensure that the systems are developed with top quality in a timely manner. In addition to the requirements below, successful candidates and team members will share a passion for a high-quality product, strong engineering principles, and methodical problem-solving skills.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Contribute to a top-notch codebase and work on scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that serve millions of requests
- Develop reliable automated test tools and environments to increase productivity
- Employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques to make sure everything works without any downtime
- Think about the full life cycle of our products, and not just about a single piece of code – from product requirements, technology selection to coding standards, agile development, testing, deployment, and monitoring
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or any related fields
- Familiar with basics of Object-oriented and/or Functional programming
- Familiar with relational and/or non-relational databases
- Good English communication skills
- Ready to learn fast
It’s Great if you have:
- Practical knowledge with Scala, C# or Java
- Docker based knowledge
- You understand the basics of system scaling
- Familiar with data platforms like MS SQL, Cassandra, or Hadoop. You understand that different applications have different data requirements
- Core engineering infrastructure tools like Git for source control, TeamCity for Continuous Integration, and Puppet for deployment
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.