[Cooperative Internship 2023] Data Quality Engineer InternApply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Cooperative internship period: January – May 2023 and August – December 2023
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge. We equip brightest minds with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role of Data Quality Engineer Intern at Agoda is critical as plenty of data must come with excellent quality to empower any decision-making. Data is powerful only when you have enough of it with the trustworthy level of quality, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
As a Data Quality Engineer Intern, you will contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity. Also, improving our quality control across our data ecosystem. You use the knowledge of understanding of the data, its context to influence better data quality and promote proper data engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
To be successful in this role, you must be passionate to understand, contribute and maintain automated data quality tools. You should be having knowledge of data management concepts along with the quality of the data.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, or related fields
- Familiar with the basics of Object-oriented or Functional programming
- Familiar with relational or non-relational databases
- Demonstrated good analytical skills
- Good communication skills (written& verbally) and coordination skills
- Most importantly ready to learn fast
It’s Great if You Have
- Basic understanding of business intelligence (BI) and data warehouse (DWH) concepts
- Basic understanding of DevOps technologies and concept for example, CI/CD, Dockers, Kubernetes, TeamCity and Git
- Knowledge of best practices in Data Quality Management
- Basic understanding of data quality management concepts that include data profiling, data quality assessment
- Familiar with data platforms like MS SQL, Cassandra, or Hadoop. You understand that different applications have different data requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.