Accounts Payable Manager (Bangkok based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
This role mainly focuses on new projects/initiatives, supervisory of post-go-live processes/workflow of those projects/initiatives, and process improvements of AP functions. You will get chances to learn about our products, businesses, workflows and be a part that makes things happen. Your role could involve the implementation of a new payment method, payment for new products, and design data flow and workflow for new projects/initiatives.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Work closely with other stakeholders in Company and lead AP function to understand and assess the impact of Company’s initiatives and projects
- Manage and implement Company’s initiatives and projects from an AP perspective. This includes providing requirements, designing and performing UAT, designing new workflow, monitoring post-go-live processes, and troubleshooting
- Identify and drive process and technology improvement opportunities
- Provide report and analyze the company’s financial performance to support management decision making
- Solve ad-hoc requests and issues
- Coordination with the various operations and support units to ensure timely and accurate data is available for the preparation of financial information for internal and external reporting
- Manage the day-to-day financial activities of the organization; control its financial resources, and ensure that all financial transactions, systems, and procedures comply with regulations, accounting principles, and standards
- Supervise day to day operations and month-end closing for AP related area
- Maintain the internal control environment in the Company’s operations that are in compliance with Corporate policy, Anti-Corruption control and as well as SOX requirements etc.
- Provides oversight, training, and coaching to department associates
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-10 years of working experience include experience in finance operations (either accounts payable or accounts receivable functions), risk control or Finance functions with some experience at management level
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- Solid problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Dynamic and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic, initiative with good communication skills
- Experience in project management
- Good command of both spoken and written English
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Skilled in presentation composition, communications technology including PowerPoint, and engaging, articulate audience presentations.
- Excellent computer proficiency, especially in Excel
- Familiar with local/US GAAP and knowledge & compliance in financial & accounting management and internal control
It’s Great If You Have:
- CPA and Audit background
- Experience in payment solutions or credit card environment
- Knowledge of SQL and data analysis tools
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.