Senior Data Analyst/ Data Analyst (New York based)Apply Now
New York, United States
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
This role is with the analytics team within the Business Performance team of Agoda’s North America business. The Business Performance team is a fast-growing dynamic team which works closely with the Supply department (Partner Services) to identify and optimize growth opportunities on hotel supply for Agoda. The team is responsible for, but not limited to, sales performance, operational efficiency, business analytics and leading and managing experiments to measure and implement changes. We collaborate with multiple internal departments and produce highly visible results backed up by data. Utilizing powerful tools and possessing an end-to-end view of how Agoda works, the Business Performance team offers a unique opportunity for anyone who thrives in challenging and fast-paced environments.
We are only able to hire US citizens and green card holders for this role. Applicants who are currently on OPT will not be eligible for this role.
As a Senior/ Data Analyst at Agoda you will use your data skills and business mindset to make a difference in our fast-growing global business across our top hotel partners. The Data Analyst will be involved in strategic projects and work closely with commercial owners and business stakeholders, using data to identify and translate business needs and opportunities into actionable initiatives.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Analyze and develop reports and models we can use for performance tracking and optimization, drawing recommendations from your analysis
- Build, enhance and streamline reports and dashboards that help team members and internal stakeholders understand the performance of their business and identify action points
- Perform ad-hoc analysis on business trends and results, translate and communicate results to leadership and key stakeholders
- Provide input on ongoing projects and initiatives to reach business targets; run and assess your proposed actions in collaboration with the relevant teams
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve team performance and measurement in the future
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a business analysis, data analysis, reporting or business strategy role
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer sciences, engineering, mathematics, statistics, data science or a related degree program.
- Exposure to one or more data analysis packages/databases/languages, e.g., SQL, Python, R, SAS, SPSS, VBA
- Expertise in the domain of data analysis and visualization tools specially Tableau/ Metabase (or other SQL based tools)
- Proficiency in Excel/power point visualization with some experience in data-based story telling
- Data driven mindset, with proven track record in using data to measure performance and make decisions
- Excellent problem-solving using data and numerical reasoning skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), with proven ability to convey complex messages clearly and with conviction
- Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills
It’s Great if you Have:
- MBA or Masters in a quantitative subject (computer science, data science, analytics, mathematics, engineering, science, economics, and finance etc.)
- A good understanding of statistical modelling knowledge or any machine learning technique knowledge is a plus (regression, logistic regression, random forest, etc.)
- Travel industry / e-commerce / tech / consulting experience.
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible to be considered for an annual bonus.
The range for Connecticut and the NYC-metro area is $80,000-115,000.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.