Commercial Finance BI Manager (Bangkok Based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Agoda has taken many great strides in recent years, expanding our reach around the globe as well as our list of travel products. A critical driver to this success has been the team of Agoda Finance. We keep a steady hand on maintaining day-to-day financial operations while also keeping an eye out for future opportunities. Not only do we have the unique role of balancing risk management with continued innovation and growth, we also serve as a means of empowerment for both our team members and those within the company. Having experimentation and data analysis deeply ingrained in our culture, we provide the strategic insights Agoda’s business leaders need to push into new territories in sustainable and scalable ways. We also prioritize career development in Agoda Finance. Every function within the team has a well-defined career track with clear goals and development targets each step of the way.
The Business Intelligence Manager will be part of the Commercial Finance team and reports into the Business Intelligence Manager. The successful candidate will work to ensure that the Finance department has the tools, models, data sources, and technical knowledge required to generate value added insights for senior leadership and enable success for the business.
This person should enjoy managing high volumes of commercial, financial, and operational data and be comfortable providing forecasts, analysis, and solutions. They will have the opportunity to directly influence senior management, and their conclusions will have a wide ranging impact on the commercial decisions of our business.
** This position is based in Bangkok – relocation provided for expat candidates **
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Support the Finance community on data led insights as well as build reporting and analytical capabilities for the entire finance organization
- Assist the Commercial Finance team in the evaluation of emerging initiatives, investments, and major operational changes
- Analyze operational and financial performance trends, turning complex data into actionable insights
- Build strong connections across engineering and finance teams and become a trusted and proactive partner in supporting project delivery
- Create and maintain models, reports, dashboards as required by your stakeholders with well-written documentation in mind
- Continually optimize reports, processes, and procedures with scalability in mind
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams on changes to/integration of new sources of data
- Empower end users to be self-reliant by facilitating knowledge sharing and enable skill development through effective training programs
- Be a thought leader around new technologies which may benefit the Commercial Finance team
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics or other relevant degrees
- 3+ years of experience with BI & analytics tools (SQL, Tableau, Metabase or similar technologies)
- Experience in ETL tools, data modelling and have proficient knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases: the ability to write, execute and interpret queries is essential
- Quick learner, problem-solving aptitude, effective prioritization, proactive and strong attention to detail
- High sense of ownership and growth mindset, ability to be self-directed
- Ability to understand business questions/requests and be able to suggest proper BI
solutions which are measurable and scalable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence peers and build strong relationships
within Finance and cross-functionally
- Advanced Excel modelling (OLAP cubes & VBA a bonus)
It’s great if you have:
- Accounting/Financial knowledge and commercial acumen
- Solid technical/functional knowledge in statistics; experience with R or Python or similar
- Familiarity with scrum/agile methodology
- Other helpful skills – ETL knowledge, T-SQL, batch scripting, ODBC, data mining, Hadoop
#IT #FIN #4 #3 #singapore #taipei #hongkong #kualalumpur #shanghai #manila #jakarta #seoul #tokyo #hanoi #mumbai #Phuket #bangkok #kualalumpur #bangalore #newdelhi #jakarta #hanoi #karachi #london #toronto #paris #melbourne #dublin #sydney #berlin #Amsterdam #nigeria #saopaolo
data representation data analysis SQL data analytics analytics python (programming language) data mining data science r (programming language) tableau analytical skills data visualization databases business analysis business intelligence (bi) microsoft sql server machine learning statistics microsoft power bi java finance shopee traveloka google facebook ctrip trip.com makemytrip grab amazon pandas (software) artificial intelligence (ai) information technology capital one accenture upwork deloitte mckinsey bain microsoft uber lyft gojek lazada alibaba shopify expedia skyscanner
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.