Team Manager – Fraud Prevention/Dispute Resolution Team (based in Bangkok, Thailand)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team
The Fraud Team is a strong protector of Agoda and has achieved industry-leading fraud prevention results. We minimize risk and loss through fraud prevention, learning and utilizing investigative skills to identify and prevent fraudulent payments and fake properties being onboarded to our platforms. The Fraud Team initiates projects that revolve around analyzing fraud trends to prevent future attacks. Our experienced team of talented professionals are empowered by bright minds and technology, using machine learning models and dynamic scoring models. Every team member – new and old – contributes to the evolution of the models and have saved Agoda and our customers millions of dollars every year.
The Fraud Prevention team aims to minimize fraud and payment disputes whilst ensuring minimal disruption to genuine guests. We are looking for a Team Manager to keep all our 2 million+ accommodation properties (including apartments, villas, homes and hotels) free from payment errors, and it is no small feat.
In This Role, You’ll get to
- Provide leadership to support our growing team through coaching, mentoring, team meetings and managing to KPI’s
- Identify problems, inefficiencies and opportunities, based upon data and by working with others
- Work closely with Product/Tech teams to design appropriate solutions, configure systems, support testing, rollout, analyze results, and ensure usage and success of new agent-facing tools
- Enhance our various fraud/dispute defense’s whilst minimizing disruption to our genuine customers, hosts and suppliers
- Positively contribute to our team’s culture
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a leadership/management role in either operations or project management
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- A strong sense of ownership and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to analyze business challenges with a data-driven approach to problem solving
- Attention to detail. Analytical and comfortable with numbers. Can understand and interpret data, and think on your feet to provide quick and effective solutions
- Ability to adapt your working style to different situations and work in a fast-paced, dynamic, multicultural environment
- Having skills in SQL/Tableau would be desirable
- Experience in either fraud prevention or chargeback handling would be advantageous
#shanghai #beijing #shenzhen #prague #Brno #Ostrava #cairo #alexandria #giza #estonia #paris #hongkong #budapest #jakarta #bali #tokyo #osaka #kualalumpur #manila #warsaw #krakow #bucharest #doha #alrayyan #moscow #saintpetersburg #riyadh #jeddah #mecca #medina #singapore #seoul #barcelona #madrid #stockholm #zurich #taipei #tainan #taichung #kaohsiung #bangkok #Phuket #istanbul #london #manchester #liverpool #edinburgh #hcmc #hanoi #lodz #wroclaw #poznan #katowice #newdelhi #bangalore #bandung #yokohama #nagoya #okinawa #fukuoka #4 #5 #LI-RS1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.