Senior Manager / Manager of Strategic Partnerships – China Market (Shanghai/Beijing-based)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
Strategic Partnerships is a team of creative entrepreneurs that develop solutions for Agoda’s external partners and promote Agoda’s top and bottom line growth. We provide suitable business model and product solutions with our partners and help them generate measurable value. Members of our team are empowered and supported to grow their market(s) or accounts. We develop win-win relationships and leverage Agoda’s unique accommodations portfolio and tech solutions to bring our partners the advantages they seek. Utilizing our strong brand and resources, we build new channels to increase the visibility of Agoda, introduce more travelers to our great products and service and deliver significant revenues to the overall business.
The team scope includes strategic planning, business development and sales operations, project management, contracting operations, risk assessment and collections operations, product development work and data analytics. Team members closely work with multiple internal stakeholders in product and tech, finance and legal, marketing and partner services in our HQ as well as in multiple offices around the world.
Come join us at Agoda, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and make a difference!
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- New partner acquisition and key account optimization to increase brand equity and travel bookings through strategic partnerships
- Proactively identify and qualify new leads and new partnership type opportunities
- Strategic account development – drive traffic and incremental bookings through trustworthy relationships with partners, ongoing operational support and bridge between partners and our regional support teams
- Develop annual market strategic plans with partners and maintain long term relationships with key accounts
- Identify market opportunity and understand partner’s business needs. Translate into regular joint business plan by developing successful partner promotion calendars and launching marketing initiatives etc.
- Translate partners’ technical requirements into business growth opportunities; own the implementation of Agoda and Booking.com production solutions with partners
- Frequent and proactive communication within the organization at all levels, with headquarters and regional teams on business related tasks or projects, including but not limited to market updates, technology development, operational milestones, reports, commission payment, fund collection, etc.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin (verbal & written)
- MBA or bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree required.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in business development and account management.
- E-commerce and digital operation experience are preferred.
- Ability to communicate value proposition to external potential/existing partners. Strong in partner acquisition and partnership enhancement.
- Identify market opportunity and develop proposal as the durative effort on business growth with partners, strengthen the areas where mutual values are complementary.
- Proficient in account management and optimization to drive performance growth of different vertical accounts.
- Self-motivation and strong team collaboration spirit. Be adept at leveraging all kinds of resources for business fulfillment.
- Support the broader Strategic Partnership team through knowledge sharing, peer collaboration, project initiation etc.
It’s Great if you have:
- Demonstrated consumer and client orientated mindset
- Good understanding of China online market and ecosystem
- Experience in e-commerce or online travel channels
- Good understanding of app-related technologies, and the technical aspects of affiliate distribution models
- Strong logical, numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Results oriented and a methodical approach on driving progress
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethics
- Humble and empathetic manner with integrity
- Team player mentality and sharing spirit
- Embrace change and fast move working environment
- Creative and innovative
#Beijing #SALE #BD #PRJM #STRA #4 #LI-DN2
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.