Associate Director, Beds Network (Bangkok-based, relocation provided)Apply Now
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN BANGKOK, THAILAND (RELOCATION PROVIDED)
Get to Know our Team:
The Agoda Beds Network team is a team of creative entrepreneurs working to grow and develop Agoda’s wholesale supply strategy at a global level. The team is responsible for developing and scaling a new business range for Agoda, geared towards wholesale solutions for accommodation partners focusing on growth, pricing and distribution optimization through best-in-class systems and tools.
The team scope includes strategic planning, business development and sales operations, project management, contracting operations, risk assessment, product development work and data analytics. The Beds Network team members closely work with multiple internal stakeholders in product and tech, finance and legal, marketing and partner services in our HQ as well as our sales organization in multiple offices around the world.
About the role:
We are seeking an Associate Director to lead sales, strategy and operational initiatives that create both growth and efficiency for the Beds Network organization globally. In this role, you will work directly with multiple stakeholders, including executive leadership and various cross-functional departments, to successfully implement key initiatives. You will impact Agoda’s business through exploring new business opportunities, analyzing complex scaling challenges, and improve existing operations, while also managing a high-performing team. You will work closely with the local sales teams around the world and guide them in their commercial projects and optimization for the business. A successful candidate will bring strong business development experience with solid analytical skills and a proven track record of successful implementation of go-to-market strategies.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- This role is a blend of hands-on and executive level work. To succeed you will need to enjoy leading a team and contributing to a long-term strategy, while also rolling-up your sleeves and working alongside your team
- Project Management: Formulate project initiatives to reach business targets, plan milestones and deliverables, allocate tasks, manage stakeholders, measure performance and deliver results impacting business.
- Experimentation: Define success, measure and validate experiments and help ingrain an experimental mindset within the team.
- Process Improvement: Work with all teams to drive inter- and intra- departmental efficiencies, optimize processes and prioritize system enhancements.
- Leadership: participate in development and growth of your direct reports, be a leader and provide your team with actionable feedback and guidance in their activities and projects in order to support their growth
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Master degree preferred, MBA from top business schools would be a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in any relevant field.
- 5+ years’ experience managing a team in multiple layers, with a proven success record in setting and achieving KPIs, developing and growing the team;
- 6+ years’ work experience in strategy, business development, sales, account management, or consulting role.
- Travel industry expertise is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management experience
- Hands on technical skills in SQL and Tableau or Power BI
- Strong numerical & analytical skills; ability to interpret and drive insights from data and present data-driven solutions
- Detail oriented and structured thinking, with a knack for identifying opportunities and seeing the bigger picture
- Strong leadership skills, skilled at managing and developing high-performing teams across multiple geographies
- Meticulous project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Comfortable in two-way feedback culture
- Adapts well to and is energized by change; able to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Energetic and driven personality;
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic;
#LI-SV1 #Singapore #Berlin #Dublin #London #Jakarta #Hongkong #paris #5
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.